September 18, 2014

Andy Barker P.I. premiere date official

by Julia Ward, posted Feb 5th 2007 11:16AM
Andy Barker, P.I. Andy Richter Conventional wisdom has become official word. Andy Barker P.I., the half-hour comedy starring Andy Richter and produced by Conan O'Brien, will make its broadcast debut on Thursday, March 15th at 9:30 on NBC. That's 30 Rock's time slot, but they'll be back after a five week run of Andy. In addition to Andy Richter, the show stars Tony Hale - Buster of Arrested Development fame. Writer Jane Espenson, who announced the show's premiere date on her website, also revealed that Amy Sedaris will be stopping by for a guest stint.

I had a chance to sit down and read the Andy Barker pilot script last week, and I'm happy to report that this is charming, Richter-esque comedy. It's stylized, understated and a touch absurdist - the fancy word for goofy. It's firmly in the Lookwell school, the failed P.I. pilot produced by Conan O'Brien and Robert Smigel in the early 90s. You can check out Lookwell on YouTube while you wait for Andy Barker's March 15th debut.

gt

andy's been on what, 5 shows now? none of them are around now. this guy is not for the general public, (maybe produce something just for the internet and ipod crowd?). i love conan, but even i dont find andy very funny.

February 05 2007 at 5:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amy

Maybe Andy Barker, PI will go off in search of the loose-seal, Buster's hand and Liza Minelli... not that Liza Minelli is missing, I'm just still mourning Arrested Development!

Kinda wish they were pulling Scrubs instead of 30 Rock. I'm not sure I can go that long without a new Donaghey-ism or hearing Tracey yell, "LIZLEMON!"

February 05 2007 at 3:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I thought this show was gonig to be on Fox... glad it's on a channel that doesn't have anything better to air.

February 05 2007 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Whitecat

Lookwell was the first Tivo WishList Auto-record I ever setup. Three weeks later, BAM Lookwell in all it's gloriousness. If you haven't watched that YouTube, do it now. It is so good.

February 05 2007 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
edd

They're trying to kill Baby Buster! Who'd have thought I'd miss a hand so much?

February 05 2007 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BillS

Alright. 30 Rock not cancelled, plus Andy Richter goodness. If it's half as good as Andy Richter Controls the Universe, it'll be 100% better than 98% of the shows on tv are 98% of the time. I think that means ARCTU was 384.16% good, but you might want to double check my math.

February 05 2007 at 11:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply