October 21, 2014

CSI: Miami: No Man's Land

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Feb 6th 2007 11:02AM

Adam Rodriguez as Delko on CSI: Miami.(S05E14) Well this was unexpected. I think CBS actually did a good job about keeping this episode under wraps.

Wrong.

That statement would have been true had it not been for the multitude of previews that have been shown for this episode. And what did every single one of them show? Delko, lying motionless in a parking lot. Becuase of that, I think myself (along with the rest of America who watched the Super Bowl and caught one of those previews), knew who was going to bite the dust.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all about shaking up the cast and it makes sense that it would occur during February sweeps... but c'mon. Try and surprise me a little?

A more logical idea, in terms of the previews, would have been making it seem as though Alexx was the team member who went down. She was in that explosion in the court house after all. I would have bought that too. They could replace her as Medical Examiner on this show and it wouldn't make all that much of a difference. Plus, when Delko got shot at the end, it would have definitely caught me off guard.

So following in the footsteps of Speedle, who got shot in the opening scenes of the season three premiere, Delko becomes the second member of Horatio's team to get fatally shot in the line of duty. For those that are holding on to the hope that maybe Eric will pull through, all I have to say is that I hope you didn't catch the preview for next week's conclusion. Once again, I won't have the element of surprise on my side.

So now this brings up the question of who fills the gap. I suppose the logical choice would be to give Boa Vista a bigger role. Or I suppose they could just bring on someone new. That is, after all, what happened when Speedle died and Wolfe was a patrolman ready and willing to join the team. My personal hope? I'd love to see Cooper from the media lab get a promotion. He's been out in the field a few times this season and I think he'd fill out the role well.

The only question I had, and wasn't able to find anything about it, was regarding why Delko was killed off. Did Adam Rodriguez just want out or was this just a decision handed down from the writers and producers? I searched all over and couldn't find a straightforward answer.

Other than Delko, there isn't much else to talk about. It was great that they brought back Clavo Cruz. Other than Walter Resden, Clavo (he's been in three other episodes) is the only other person you could consider to be the arch-nemesis of Horatio. I kind of like him though. For a cold-blooded killer, he's awfully jovial. Always has a smile, but I think we can assume that H will be wiping it off his face next week. I should just watch the preview again. I'm sure it will tell me everything I need to know.

nena linda

hello people!!!!!!!! what is the problem with delko everyone hating on him wishing him death my god to be a fan is one thing but to be completly out of your mind wishing his death is another ppeople use the little bit of intellagence you have left in you....delko death is wishing csi to be over he keeps a lot of the interest.Is due to him being on the show or is it that you can't handle the fact that he is a good actor and also has alot of talent and of corse he's hot!!!!!!!!! he is puerto rican / cuban what do you expect he makes CSI Miami what it is.

March 15 2007 at 6:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kellerman

during feb sweeps an ep "MAN DOWN" will list that 1 csi miami member gets shot in the head and be pronounced dead..that person was said to be in the magazine of 2006 i hope its not H

February 16 2007 at 9:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
allan davis

After reading the coments, did Delko indeed die? People are divided, but the paper said i had died.

February 14 2007 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mika

Delko sucks big time. Bad actor all around. Eye Candy? He looks like Curious George. Please die Delko

February 13 2007 at 9:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alegator98

Big body count this time...

How many has Horatio killed a bad-guy on this show?

He must be getting close to Lucas McCain's record on "The Rifleman"

(...although he killed the same actors over and over again several times during the show's run.)

Claude Akins got plugged 3 times that I know of...

February 13 2007 at 1:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shannon

Omg I love Delko... Thank goodness he isn't dying. He's the main reason I look at CSI Miami. I need my CSI eye candy to stay! Much love to Delko..a.k.a. Adam Rodriguez. He's so freakin awesome.

February 12 2007 at 11:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
drew

Also I think after one of the CSIs is dead, this is how they will bring back Yelina, to replace the dead CSI

February 10 2007 at 12:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
drew

February 10 2007 at 12:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
drew

I have a theory. According to CBS.com a member of the team is pernounced dead, BUT whos to say its Eric? I think him being shot is to make you think he is the one who dies, but really it ends up being another CSI. I found this info from another site proves my theory

"A truck carrying weapons that were confiscated from previous crimes are now back on the streets of Miami. An old enemy of Horatio's puts the lives of two CSI's in harms way after a confiscated missile is launched into courthouse allowing Clavo Cruz to escape during his arraignment and injuring one CSI and the fatality of another CSI."

injuring one CSI and the fatality of another CSI, Eric is the one who has been injured, but someone else dies. Its the perfect way to make the viewers believe its Eric who dies, but I say its a cover up so when a different CSI gets killed it will be more shocking, because we all thought it would de Delko.

February 10 2007 at 12:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mika

I think Adam Rodriguez is an ass and would love to see him killed off. He actually lies and when he is asked by his fan club questions about why he parked in a HP spot, he claims "he does not remember" and it was alleged when his own fanclub put out the picture (which they have taken off. Anybody like that should be written off.

February 09 2007 at 5:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply