November 29, 2014

TV's Top 5!: Seinfeld alums need jobs too

by Elizabeth Chan, posted Feb 6th 2007 2:00PM

Jason Alexander on Everybody Hates ChrisThis is a public service announcement to Jason Alexander.

Life after Seinfeld has been really tough for you has it? I mean not as tough as Michael Richards who should follow Isaiah Washington into "pottymouth rehab", but you haven't exactly parlayed your existence into other gigs like Julia Louis-Dreyfus in The New Adventures of Old Christine. Our enthusiasm for the dimwitted loveable man has been curbed towards Larry David, who helped you become a star. Even the virtually unknown Seinfeld writer Spike Feresten has been able to translate writing his soup nazi episode into his own talk show.

All you have to work with is your short lived marriage to Britney Spears. Oh wait. That wasn't you either.

Ok. So you have nothing. But please don't do this anymore. There is no reason to grab your crotch in your best Michael Jackson impression. There is no reason to pretend to play the cheap acoustic guitar behind an electric guitar beat. We know you can't play. You need to drop your inner Matisyahu and play some other roles.

I admit, Everybody Hates Chris is a good show, and I didn't catch last night's episode but Heroes and 24 was on, and my DVR's hands were full, even still... I'm ready to see you play a serial killer in a horror flick. You've got that creepy old man thing down, its apparent in the clip. You should be a front runner for any of that type casting.
Tell your people to call my people and we can throw around some ideas.

Tom Heintjes

I would write a lengthier response but I'm busy eating Rold Gold pretzels...AND THEY'RE MAKING ME THIRSTY!

March 28 2007 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GuyK

DUDE this post is ridiculous and nasty

February 07 2007 at 4:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kit

actually he's been doing a bunch of theater for the last few years- he just directed a beautiful production of Sondheim's "Sunday in the Park with George" at "Reprise!" Does working on a Pulitzer Prize-winning work of theater at one of the most well regarded theater groups in the country not count as career-worthy?

February 06 2007 at 8:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bruno

Net worth of Jason Alexander. $75-$100 million.

Net worth of Ms Chan $175.

Now who do you feel sorry for?

February 06 2007 at 6:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

I lost all respect when he did those KFC commercials after Seinfeld.

February 06 2007 at 5:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patrick R

He may not get the juicy roles all the time, but Alexander is easily still my favourite actor out of the Seinfeld bunch. And maybe Wayne Knight. And Jerry Stiller... I better cut myself off here.

February 06 2007 at 3:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RR

What a nasty and spiteful post. What did Jason ever do to you? I guess if you're in the red carpet interview line and you saw him you'd shout out "Why are you such a loser Jason? Get a job already!".

Note to self: skip elizabeth chan posts from now on, she's just plain nasty.

February 06 2007 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff

Might want to replace that 1MB BMP image there into something more in the 30KB JPG range for people without high-speed broadband :P

February 06 2007 at 3:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply