July 31, 2014

Is Shane West leaving ER?

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 8th 2007 5:23PM

Shane WestIn this roundup of all the latest casting and pilot news, it says that ER star Shane West has been added to the cast of Supreme Courtships, a new FOX comedy that really has to get a new title before it hits the air.

Hmmm...does that mean he's leaving the NBC drama? Not that all pilots get picked up of course, but just the fact that he's starring in the pilot is interesting. I think when he joined ER it wasn't supposed to be a long term role. But now it seems like he's smack dab in the middle of all the action at the hospital: concentrating on his medical career instead of his music, being in a possible triangle with Gates and Neela, etc.

In other casting news, The Nine's Daybreak's Adam Baldwin has joined the cast of NBC's Chuck, and LL Cool J will play a cop in CBS' Anthony Zuiker (CSI) drama The Man.

[via TV Tattle]

Kathryn

I would rather see John Stamos' character departed. I like John Stamos, but I don't like his character on ER, and ever since he joined the cast, it has gone downhill. Leave Shane, get rid of John.......

May 04 2007 at 3:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mydoctortennant

No! I hope not! I've watched teh show religiously since Romano had his arm chopped off (first episode I watche don my own, bloody freaky! being only about 12 at the time) And then Shane showed up, I was like *squee* I love him! He can't leave, not with all the stories hes getting now, plus we need to see him and neela finally happily together before he can leave!

February 26 2007 at 4:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shay

what ever you do just don't let him leave the show.

February 22 2007 at 12:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shay

i just don't wont him to leave because it will
not be ER with out shane west so that is about it l8terZ.

February 22 2007 at 12:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
J0B33

OMG!!!!

He can't leave, that would be horrible, what would happen to the 'Roomies'!!!!!

February 21 2007 at 4:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danny

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE NAME OF THE BOY WHO PLAYED PRATTS RECENTLY OUTED GAY BROTHER?

February 15 2007 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bluekidcory

It'd be a sad day when Shane West leaves. Ending a love triangle and booting off another cute guy makes the show lose some appeal, not that I'd stop watching though. I've been hooked since I joined my mom years and years and years ago. I hope he's in some contract that will keep him for a while. On the plus side, ER is always good at saying goodbye to cast members.
TOODLES