November 20, 2014

It's official: Kidnapped to be released April 24

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 8th 2007 9:08AM

Kidnapped

We've had a couple of stories here about the possibility of a Kidnapped DVD set in '07, and today Sony made it official. The Complete Series will be released on April 24. That's 13 episodes. No word on extras yet.

I actually liked this show, from the handful of episodes that NBC showed before dumping it on Saturday nights and then pulling it from the schedule altogether. But you know what? When the show went online only, I didn't even watch the remaining episodes. I'm not sure why. I was interested in the plot and what the outcome was going to be, but I just never took the time to watch the rest. Of course, I'm not sure I want to buy the show on DVD either, so maybe I'll watch them online after all (if they're still available, that is).

Joe in LA

I have to agree with the others. I watched Kidnapped the beginning and followed it each week after it was tossed online.

I know it was a tough year for serialized dramas (whatever did happen to The Nine's hiatus?) but both the story and the acting on Kidnapped got better and better (including the resolution of its mysteries) and very much deserved watching for the entire season (unlike its evil twin "Vanished" that petered out into a series of laughable cliches).

February 08 2007 at 8:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tammy F.

This was my favorite show of the new season and I was devestated when they cancelled it! I watched every new episode online and it only confirmed to me that NBC made a poor choice in cancelling this show. Everyone should pick this set up when it's released.

February 08 2007 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carolinemorgan

Loved this Show NBC really dropped the ball Jeremy Sisto is a great actor and the supporting cast was Phenomenal, I will be buying this DVD set for sure it is a shame a cutting edge network such as FX couldn't pick this show up, with the right promoting this show could be the next Rescue Me.

February 08 2007 at 11:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TVSeriesFinale.com

An excellent series. I didn't start watching until it had been pulled and everyone was saying how tragic that was. It felt a bit rushed towards the end but at least they had a chance to end it properly (unlike The Nine, Six Degrees, Smith, Runaway, etc. etc.).

February 08 2007 at 11:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

It'll be cool to see how the show ended. I kept watching the show even after it went online. One week I missed a show and couldn't figure out how to get back to the one I missed after a new one went up, so I just gave up on it. I think I'll rent the season from Netflix.

February 08 2007 at 10:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply