October 24, 2014

Break out your TV toys

by Adam Finley, posted Feb 10th 2007 8:03AM

homer radioCheck out the picture on the right. It just looks like a plastic bust of Homer Simpson, but it's actually a radio. The eyeballs are the tuning and volume knobs, which I guess means that while listening to the radio Homer takes on the appearance of "incredibly brain damaged Homer" complete with wandering eyes. I also found this SpongeBob SquarePants shower radio, this Tweety Bird combination phone and clock radio on eBay, and this Garfield radio (did you know he's coming back to TV?) which is very similar to one my brother had when we were younger, except his was a clock radio and the alarm was Garfield's voice saying, "time to wake up, sleepy head." If you pressed his nose / snooze button, Garfield would say, "Nah, don't get up. Stay in bed, sleep longer."

Now I'm curious: does anyone out there have any unique promotional toys for old (or new) TV shows that stand out from the usual plastic crap you can find in large chain stores? Let loose in the comments, this is your chance to break out your awesome toys and make everyone else jealous. Yes, it's childish, but what's the point of having these collectibles if not to make other people jealous?

Bam-Bam

I have some Pee-Wee Herman toys on Squirl:

February 11 2007 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

And untill next time this is BartmanDK sayig, Ride the big one!!! :D

February 10 2007 at 11:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

I have the 4 action figurs from the cancled show "Son of the beach" and since i loved the show and watch my pirated dvd's of it all the time i love em!! :D I only have the camara in my phone and it sucks so no pics.. But the 4 figurs are of:
Notch Johnson
B.J. Cummings
Jamaica St. Croix
Mayor Anita Massengil

February 10 2007 at 11:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lampbane

My friend bought this at Comic-Con:

February 10 2007 at 4:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joseph Bua

Hey, stop dissing Joey!

The show was just fine, you were led to expect something more because it came right out of the last season of Friends. Plus, why watch Joey talk to people you don't know when you can see Joey and people you do know for 2 hours every day in syndication.

Now, about toys, I have a classic Casper the Friendly Ghost plastic figurine from the 60s, but my prized posesssion is the Flintstones' Bam Bam stick that was mine when I was a kid that I still have, in fact it's on the bookcase next to me.

All my other TV toys are recent purchases.

February 10 2007 at 1:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
essl

I own about half the stuff over at Mr. T and Me. http://www.mrtandme.com

These are A-Team Slippers:

February 10 2007 at 10:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joby

I've got a plastic turd that was modelled on the complete first season of Joey - beat that!

February 10 2007 at 9:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply