Can Idol producer save Michael Jackson's career?

by Liz Finn-Arnold, posted Feb 10th 2007 3:45PM
Michael Jackson's BadMichael Jackson needs a career comeback in a big way. According to Page Six, Idol creator Simon Fuller may be just the man who can make that happen. Or at least Wacko Jacko hopes so.

Jackson reportedly has met several times with Fuller in Las Vegas to discuss his comeback strategy. Robin Leach called it a "perfect match" with "the world's biggest pop star being looked after by the most successful mogul manager in the world."

But let's remember that not everything Fuller touches is gold. He's also the man responsible for this and this.

And Jackson is certainly going to be his greatest challenge ever. The one-time "King of Pop" is $300 million in debt and has a severe image problem due to serious child molestation charges. America may be ready to choose their pop idols from a crowd of unknowns, but I'm not sure we're ready to re-crown a fallen pop-king with such questionable sleeping habits.

Felpstr

Don't really care if I get a reply but was soooooo disappointed when I saw the news tonight to learn that Michael Jackson may be on the show....He's old, done and should have on a black and white striped jail uniform...or orange, whatever...Although his music was great he doesn't deserve anything...he makes my stomach turn knowing that he is a child molester...sorry, I will not contribute to his notariety or the show if he goes on...I will be done with it...

February 13 2007 at 10:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ann

a comeback would be wonderful for all his fans, anything is possible, afterall it's Michael Jackson, the boy from Gary, who made it from nothing! there're plenty of people who still love him!

February 13 2007 at 2:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darleene

I think [MJ]. have a great chance for a comeback, he have the talent and experence.don't blame [MJ]. for the greedy mothers out there,putting their kids up to dirty,dirty things to say. get a job, I hope [MJ] come on american idol,as a surprise guess, watch the reaction,on TV. live we love [MJ]. and hope the best for him,he have been in the spot light too many years to let lies stop him now.

February 12 2007 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darleene

Oh, I forgot something,I wish he would make a surprise visit on the american idol, everybody would feel different about him, I don't think he have anything to hide but his money from greedy people.

February 12 2007 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darleene

February 12 2007 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darleene

I think [M].do have a good chance to come back. he have the talent and experence. so don't be surprise if he's number one on the charts again.don't blame [M] for the greedy mothers out there putting their kids up to get money. get a job.

February 12 2007 at 5:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pat

Whatever the reason; his stupidity or that of the general public, Michael might as well accept that his time as a super-star is over. He has become a joke and its pretty much impossible to come back from that. As far as his debt goes, I can't even comprehend that amount of money.

February 12 2007 at 9:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Curt

----------------------
so you'd leave your kid alone with him over the weekend? yeah and youre the one calling people "morons"?
______________________

No, I wouldn't, but then I wouldn't leave my children alone with ANY person I didn't know. I wouldn't leave my kids with the pope because HE'S a STRANGER.

Seems like common sense to me...

February 11 2007 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy

If the phrase "two peas in a pod" every applied to anyone, it's these two.

February 11 2007 at 1:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Evil Pedro

------------------
Not saying he hasn't made bad choices, but he's far from a molester.
------------------