October 22, 2014

CSI: Miami: Man Down

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Feb 13th 2007 10:14AM
Delko(S05E15) Well that was unexpected. Normally, if I read something along the lines of, "a team member dies after being shot in the head" in my TV Guide, then I expect... well, a death. Technically, the episode description wasn't lying. Delko was dead for a few minutes. That is, until one of the doctors slammed a syringe of epinephrine into his chest. So I suppose the more accurate episode description should have read, "a team member dies after being shot in the head... and then he comes back to life." So either Delko is some sort of Dracula hybrid or the doctors at Miami General are just good at what they do. I'm going with the vampire angle. CSI: Transylvania would be freakin' sweet.

Overall, this was a pretty tense episode. Lots of drama surrounding Eric's condition. It seems that, despite surviving, his brain suffered some severe trauma. He still recognizes people but his memories are all sorts of messed up. The big one? He thinks Marisol is alive. So it's unclear as to how much of a role he'll play over the rest of the season.

Based on the preview for next week, it looked like he was out of the hospital. His head was shaved but he was smiling. No indication as to whether or not he's back at work, but I'm going to bet that the writers take the easy route with this and handle it just like when Wolfe took that nail in the eye last season. Delko will be afflicted with memory loss for a while, he'll mess up a few things in the lab, and before long the issue will just fade away. I could be wrong though. This could be a set up for something big to come.

Elsewhere, I liked how the Clavo Cruz story wrapped itself up. We finally found out what he was up to two years ago before H put him away: smuggled diamonds. Speaking of that, and I could be wrong here, but wasn't the jewelry store that Clavo sold the diamonds to the same one where Speedle was shot? It looked like the exact the same place.

One other thing I was looking for during the episode was who got lines in Delko's absence. Valera seemed to gain the most screen time out of it. She had a few conversations with Boa Vista and just seemed to be far more involved that she normally is. I'm not a big fan of her and wish that Cooper had gotten more to say, but it's interesting to see who gets tapped when a main player is out of the picture.

Now, with this huge sweeps story arc out of the way, I'm hoping that we return to some of the other plots that had been developing earlier in the season. What ever happened to that city-sponsored documentary that Wolfe was filming? Hopefully we'll find out.

Stacy

chloeandmisy, Adam Rodriguez is hot...HOT!!! He's a bad actor, but HOT.

lynlee cordray, really? David Caruso's "acting" doesn't faze you? That lame ass stare...the ridicules sunglasses...the mumbled, B-movie one liners...the stupid profile shots...Really, nothing? :-)

February 22 2007 at 4:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mika

Okay-first Adam Rodriguez is not a good actor-did I buy his tear stained perfomance in the hospital-uh NO!! I could actually see the monkey in his brain thinking as he was getting shot. one, two, fall down. Nobody besides Emily Proctor can act on that show. Alexx might but she never gets any air time so we will never know.

February 20 2007 at 10:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lynlee cordray

i love csi:miami and nothing anybody says will ever change that. the stories are good and the actors are great.

February 19 2007 at 6:52 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
lynlee

i love csi:miami and nothing will ever change that. the stories are good and the actors are great.

February 19 2007 at 6:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chloeandmisy

For what it's worth,any plot device that calls for Adam Rodriguez (Eric) to be half-undressed is a-ok with me!
Agree that Alex should be given more story, she is the most interesting character on the show.

February 16 2007 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sarakanne

Whoaa, hold on Stacy. Boa Vista played by Eva LaRue is allegedly having an affair with David Caruso off screen. Websites, whose legitimacy is questionable, have been reporting this for several months now. If this is true, you will be seeing a lot more of Eva LaRue. She's not going anywhere.

February 15 2007 at 12:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stacy

Am I the only one who hates the Boa Vista character? The acting is horribly poor and she's ALWAYS showing cleavage. Always! I can't even take her seriously.

It was totally lame that Delko was shot twice and survived, but Clavo is shot once and is supposedly dead.

I hope they do not give Valera and Boa Vista more screen time. The show should try to flesh out Wolfe, Trip and Alexis. Why not involve Alexis' home life? (Isn't she a single mother of two?) A couple of shows back Wolfe was into gambling, why not get more into that? What is Trip's story? (How did the Texan end up in Miami?)

I could care less about H, Delko or Delko's dead sister!

February 14 2007 at 1:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
grichey

You ever notice how all the suspects confess when confronted and rarely ask for a lawyer. Yeah, you got me, great work! Real suspects know to shut the mouths and demand a lawyer. I know the have to wrap things up in an hour but this is what I find the most ridiculous.

February 14 2007 at 9:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alyce Parker

I absolutely loved this episode! I thought the acting was just right. Way to go Adam and the team!

February 13 2007 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alyce Parker

I absolutely loved this episode! I found the acting to be just right. It showed alot of emotion. I just hope we get to see more in the future.

February 13 2007 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply