Lost audio podcast recap: February 12, 2007
The newest Lost audio podcast was released yesterday, which included some revealing details about the show. If you don't want to listen to the 22 minutes of banter between producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, here's a review of the major points:
- In a short interview, Josh Holloway mentioned that while the writing team comes up with Sawyer's snappy nicknames, the actor himself gives people nicknames in everyday life. According to Holloway, the writers often like to incorporate the cast members' personalities into their characters. He also wants more nicknames to stick around the way that Freckles has.
- There is actually a class at Tufts University that lists the Lost podcasts as required "reading." Has the world come to an end?
There will be at least one more episode set on Alcatraz, but the storylines will shift back to the original island for the remainder of the season.
- We will be seeing more of Nikki and Paulo, and Lindelof and Cuse believe that fans will soften towards the unpopular characters. It worked for Ana Lucia, right?
- Desmond was not in the background during the scene where Michael is brought to the fake Others' camp.
- This week's episode, "Flashes Before Your Eyes," will clue fans in to what happened after Desmond triggered the fail-safe (and how he got naked).
Be sure to look for these recaps after every new podcast is posted, if you want to save time!