April 17, 2014

More DVD complete set news: MacGyver!

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 13th 2007 9:31AM

MacGyverOn the heels of news that Paramount will release The Andy Griffith Show as a complete set in May comes news that the same company will release MacGyver as a complete set just a couple of weeks later, on May 22.

The set will include all seven seasons of the show, and the set might also include the two post-MacGyver movies that aired on ABC: The Lost Treasure of Atlantis and Trail To Doomsday.

Maybe studios should just start releasing complete series sets instead of individual seasons. People might stop buying single season sets because they know a complete set is probably on the way. I know I often think that way when it comes to buying DVDs. Of course, if single season sets for a particular show weren't popular they probably wouldn't release a complete set.

Preston

They like to do individual seasons of TV series on DVD because stores don't have any room in their sections to place a six or seven season set. And Richard Dean Anderson has long since cut that mullet for today's 2007 times. But I would like to see more complete series sets--it would save people $50-55 instead of buying each of them individually. And a lot of headache!!!!

February 19 2007 at 1:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rob

I have to say, I don't normally buy DVD's, but this may be the only set I will ever buy. MacGyver is a cultural icon (and my hero).

February 13 2007 at 12:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Clan

The downside is that you can't open the box without a gum wrapper, wire from discarded twist-ties and some leftover spackle scraped from a window frame...

February 13 2007 at 11:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike K

That's probably the least mullet-y picture you can find of MacGyver.

February 13 2007 at 10:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bradley

You're right he's horrible. He only starred in one series for 7 years (MacGyver) and another for over 8 (Stargate SG-1...been on for 10 years but he has been only making cameos the last 2 Seasons). And last time I checked his name is Richard Dean Anderson, not "McGuyver."

February 13 2007 at 10:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
B

First of all, McGuyver's not a person,m he's an actor. And secondly, he's not much of an actor.

February 13 2007 at 9:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply