November 26, 2014

TV Squad video: on the set of Scrubs

by Kevin Kelly, posted Feb 13th 2007 11:01AM

TV Squad -- at least the part consisting of Joel Keller and myself -- recently visited the set of Scrubs, and were lucky enough to score interviews with Zach Braff (J.D.), Sarah Chalke (Elliot), and Bill Lawrence, the creator and executive producer. The hardest part about doing this video is not revealing who dies in the episode that was being shot. Seriously, it's driving me a bit mental. However, NBC lawyers and corporate drones would descend upon us so fast if we were to reveal which long-time cast member unfortunately passes away in the episode. So, we'll keep mum.

Scrubs has been shooting for six seasons now, and has an extremely tight cast and crew. However, they couldn't have been nicer to us, and we were treated to a fun day on set. In between takes, we picked up some interviews that drop hints at a possible seventh season, insights into the characters, and even some news about the Nobody's Watching show. Looks like a special on NBC is in the works!

Watch the video after the jump, and also check out AOL's gallery of photos from the very same set visit. We really want one of those Dr. Kelso paintings hanging in the palatial TV Squad lobby. He manages to look both regal and downtrodden at the same time.

Anna

I will just say one thing, If you don't like Scrubs, your funny bone must be broken. My sister and I purchased DVR, now I don't miss a show. Surprisingly enough my 7wk old daughter actually becomes quiet when the show starts. Thanks! I would suggest one thing though..there was an episodes that mimic the west side story movie. I think that Scrubs should make an episode in black in white..partly...kind of like a mystery..where something comes up missing, and everyone's a suspect ( like clue), but JD the detective..no better yet. The janitor (lol) he's always accusing someone of something or threatening..I think the Janitor should be the detective. I know i may be a bit of a dork..but whats life with a sense of humor

April 11 2007 at 2:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Neil

who the fuck keeps saying that kelso cox or the janitor might die?!? The person who dies is not a main character which indludes Cox, Elliot, Janitor, Turk, Carla,Kelso, and J.D. they are all staying alive

February 20 2007 at 10:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Muriel Setters

I absolutely love the show. I watch all the reruns over and over again. I hope it can go on for more than seven years. As far as who they are going to kill off, hmmmmm......I have no idea, but Kelso would be a logical choice since he is the oldest cast member. And then Cox would be Chief of Medicine. I hope it's not too sad a show, because the humor of the show is what's so wonderful about it. I love all of the cast members. Kelso included.

February 18 2007 at 12:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SamMalone

I with you Ally. And JD takes Coxy's place.

February 15 2007 at 5:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cathy

First thought that came to my mind was Turk. He has diabetes. After his death they could show J.D. trying to move on without his best friend, flashbacks, J.D. trying to bond with a new "best friend" and showing how disasterous that is. Then J.D. realizing he can't be a doctor without the support from Turk, which could lead to the end of the show at the end of season 7.

February 15 2007 at 9:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
koko

i just started watching scrubs when it got added to the thursday night lineup and am now totally hooked on the show while searching for it i found out the reruns come on about 7 times during the course of the day and try to catch as many as i can i just cant get enough!!

February 15 2007 at 8:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bruce

WoW! Don't end it this way! Scrubs is funny, can be sad but, straight to the point. I Love scrubs. I hope they'll stay around longer than friends did. I watch scrubs twice a night,and i don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Way to go SCRUBS! Nurse Roberts or Dr.Cox from cancer.

February 15 2007 at 7:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ally

I think the person who dies is going to be Kelso. He is old and they can still do a seventh season without him. I think that he dies and Dr. Cox becomes Chief of Medicine.

February 15 2007 at 7:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

Doesn't Dr. Cox's drastically short hair seem to imply chemo or something similar? It might (might barely) be possible to do a Season 7 without Zach, but not without Dr. Cox! Anyone know John McGinley's contract status?

February 14 2007 at 11:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

I know she is not technically a "cast member" but I think it will be Dr. Kelso's wife Enid, she has been going downhill in health for the last few years.

February 14 2007 at 4:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply