The Five: Great TV couples
Happy Valentine's Day! I hate February 14th.
But it's a fine day for all you
sickening happy lovey-dovey couples to hold hands and skip around your garden and have dirty dirty sex. Below are 5 great TV couples who are probably celebrating the day this way. Well, at least four of them.
1. Rob and Laura Petrie (The Dick Van Dyke Show): Has there ever been a married couple on television that had the chemistry that Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore had? Hell, they both even have three names! You could tell they loved each other and cared for each other, and you could imagine they were intimate, even if they did have those damn separate beds.
2. Lucy and Ricky Ricardo (I Love Lucy): A real life couple playing a couple on a hit TV show. Even though there were a lot of tough times going on behind the scenes and they eventually got divorced, they really clicked, and you knew they always loved each other.
3. Ross and Rachel (Friends): Yes, yes, yes, I can hear hundreds of you sighing right now because I picked these two. Some of you are probably throwing shoes or old food at the computer screen right now and will let me have it in the comments, but come on, these two defined the 90s for most of us. We all remember where we were when they broke up, then got back together, then went "on a break," then got back together, then when Ross said Rachel's name at his wedding instead of Emily's.
4. Darrin and Samantha Stephens (Bewitched): She was a witch, he was an advertising exec, and nothing could stand between them, not even a nasty mother-in-law and other witches/warlocks who tried to break them up.
5. Felix and Oscar (The Odd Couple): Can two divorced men share an apartment, without driving each other crazy. Well...no. But they can be best friends and give us five years of really funny comedy. I could picture these two as a couple: Felix the one who cooks and cleans and is really neat, Oscar the one who's a slob and drinks beer and wears messy clothes.
Honorable Mention: Fox Mulder and Dana Scully (The X-Files), Ward and June Cleaver (Leave It To Beaver), George Burns and Gracie Allen (Burns and Allen), Jim and Pam (The Office), and Cory and Topanga (Boy Meet World).