Antonella and Sundance get lucky in Hollywood

by Mikalah Gordon, posted Feb 15th 2007 2:40PM

OMG! This has definitely been the most exciting week yet! I think that the stars are truly shining through, making America's decision much easier in finding this year's American Idol!

Let's start with Tuesday night's show. It was obvious, 16-year-old Baylie Brown would find a spot in the Top 24. She's young, spunky and had the talent to back her up. Unfortunately, forgetting her lyrics during the trio lost her a spot in the Top 24. SHOCKING! No, but really it is.

We also saw Perla Meneses, who although looked like Shakira, did not sound like her. She was sent home, as well. I was actually kind of bummed, though she did make me laugh.

Okay, I'll get back to the recap but I'm very upset! So, here I am, typing my blog, while I watch the show that introduces us to the Top 24 -- partly so I don't have to cramp my hand by writing notes, and partly because ... well, I don't want to cramp my hand by writing notes.

Now, at first I was stoked to see who they chose. I mean, I adore Chris Sligh, Nick Pedro, and Lakisha Jones. But, are you going to tell me that Antonella Barba has a better chance than Marisa Rhodes? Sure, Antonella is beautiful, but she completely forgot her words.

THAT is why some talented contestants, like Baylie Brown and 16-year-old Matt Soto, were sent home. And, then, on top of that, you are really going to say "Sundance," who sang half his song flat because he was pushing too hard, deserves to be there more than the talented and fun-loving Thomas Daniels? I just don't understand it!

Sending home Paula Meneses, Rachel Jenkins (who I liked), Nicole Turner, and Jordy Steinberg along with her whole group, I can take. But now, it's just turned ridiculous! How are you going to tell Ashlyn Carr that she hasn't made it to Hollywood, to call her back in to tell her she did make it, to send her BACK home after her first day in Hollywood? It makes you really wonder. What is it that the judges are looking for this year?

I assume the answer is in Melinda Dolittle, who was originally a back-up singer; Brandon Rogers, who was a back-up singer, too; Gina Glocksen, who auditioned for a second time; Haley Scarnato; Philip Stacy, who missed the birth of his daughter so he could audition; Chris Sligh, who has the body of Christina Aguilera; Blake Lewis, who not only wants to have a song on the radio but actually wants to be a radio; Rudy Cardenas; Paul Kim, who from this point will be barefoot; Jordan Sparks; A.J. Tabaldo, who auditioned five times; Stephanie Edwards; Leslie Hunt; Nicholas Pedro, another veteran to American Idol auditions; Alaina Alexander, Chris Richardson, Sabrina Sloan, Amy Crofts and Nicole Tranquilo -- whose names, quite honestly, I didn't pay attention to nor to the spelling of them -- Lakisha Jones, who I was really moved by, Jared Gotter; Antonella Barba; Sanjaya Malakar and Sundance.

There it is -- your Top 24. Those are the people who obviously have what the judges were looking for. Though I agree with most of the decisions made, there are some I just don't understand. Going back to the recap -- Blake Lewis, Chris Sligh, and Rudy Cardenas were definitely one of the few Tuesday night highlights.

They were totally on point and very entertaining. Watching Amanda Coluccio, her best friend Antonella Barba and Baylie Brown were also entertaining to watch ... in a different way. After watching them struggle with the words, Amanda felt it was only right to cease her stress by flirting with some of the fellow male contestants. So, it was no surprise that when the time came to perform, it became a disaster almost immediately.

After Baylie was sent home, and the other two stayed, Baylie had a few insulting words for her former group members. Though, in the end, Amanda was as well sent home with a bitter goodbye to her best friend who moved on.

It was also a very bittersweet night for Sanjaya Malakar, who as well said goodbye to his sister who was sent home. (I can't remember her name.) All in all, after all the drama, tears of sadness and joy, and forgotten lyrics, we are now down to the Top 24! Get your phones and fingers ready! AMERICA START VOTING!!!

Thank you, all of you, for once again reading my blog. I know is the real highlight of your week. Love, Mikalah

[Mikalah Gordon was a contestant on the fourth season of "American Idol." Visit her Web site, mikalah-gordon.org.]

Click here for more 'Idol' news, photos, recaps, rumors and more.

John Smith

The more important question is why in blue blazes is Mikalah Gordon still in the public eye? A one trick "Babs" wannabe

March 21 2007 at 4:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lauren4rmVegas

Wow, i just want to say that i totally agree with the comment about Antonella Barba.. she forgot her words, and looked really uneasy on stage. I dont think she deserves to still be on there. AND ABOUT HER RECENT LEAK OF HER RACEY PHOTOS, i think she's a whore, and DOES NOT deserve to be an AMERICAN IDOL. She's not all that pretty, and probably leaked them herself to get herself some exposure for playboy, or whatever. although i dont think those bl*wjob pics were NOT her, i dont care.. it was HER in that white wet tshirt with her nasty tounge hanging out like a dog. AND THATS EXACTLY WHAT SHE IS.. A DOG! HOW SAD....

February 27 2007 at 2:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jules

Ebony was booted out after it was "discovered" that she was on a lingerie football pay-per-view thing. I thought she was really good as well - who plays football in their underwear? What a waste!

February 22 2007 at 10:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

Mikalah i love your posts. Though i may not agree with u all the time i really like reading your opinion. keep it up your doing a great job meek!!

February 19 2007 at 4:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
keith zammit

ATTENTION
I LOVE YOU MIKALAH
THERE IS PROBABLY THE BIGGEST HIGHLIGHT OF IDOL EVER(FOR ME) I DONT KNOW IF ANY ONE NOTICED.BUT THE GIRL ROBIN TROOP WHO WAS IN SUNDANCES GROUP ON GROUP DAY GOT SENT HOME...BELEIVE IT OR NOT SHE WAS THE MY GRAMMY MOMENT WINNER ON THIS YEARS GRAMMYS LAST WEEK DID ANYONE NOTICE? IT GOT ME MAD...WELL AT LEAST SHE GOT TO SING WITH JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE @ THE GRAMMYS IN FRONT OF MILLIONS

February 16 2007 at 11:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kay

Antonella Barba is the most beautiful girl in the world. I wish I looked like her. If I did I wouldn't hate myslef and all of my problems would be over. She is so lucky , why couldn't God make me beautiful like her. I watch her because I just pray that one day I will be reincarnated to look like her. Until then I will just live in depression until I die. Face it the only reason why she is in the competion is because she is tall and drop dead gorgeous.

February 16 2007 at 1:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thaddeus Harden

Does anyone know the real reason Marisa Rhodes was sent home; does it have anything to do with her background, behavior, or personality? Perhaps the judges saw a lot more potential entertainment with Antonella Barba which may boost the show's ratings even more.....I do not think superior singing ability was the real reason.

February 16 2007 at 2:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

I too didn't agree with all the decisions but hey it's done now so let's get busy and vote and watch and enjoy!

February 15 2007 at 9:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Devon

Reading your blogs totally IS the highlight of my week, after I learn all of these people's names and I won't have to strain so hard to remember who they actually were it'll make it all the more exciting! I can't wait for 5 hours of Idol!!! Much

February 15 2007 at 6:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
abby

What happened to Ebony? (She auditioned with her two roller-skating-waitress friends.) I thought she was a shoe-in for top five. Did she change her mind about going to Hollywood?

February 15 2007 at 4:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply