October 20, 2014

Charlize Theron as Anna Nicole Smith?

by Adam Finley, posted Feb 16th 2007 3:05PM

charlize theronThat's what Starpulse is reporting, anyway, citing "a source" that claims studios are "falling over themselves" to create a biopic about the late actress, model and reality TV star. I don't pretend to understand how this crazy machine called Hollywood operates, but are studios really in a mad dash to make this supposed biopic? If one is being planned, I would assume it would be some kind of made-for-TV affair, and that Theron is far too popular right now to even consider such a thing.

Let's play casting director: who do you guys think should play Anna Nicole Smith? I keep thinking Dolly Parton for two obvious reasons, but Parton's just too classy in my mind. They could always create a CGI Anna, too. If no one takes this alleged role they might have to resort to that.

lil

I think Beth Chaplain should play the role of ANNA NICOLE SMITH. SHE LOOKS ALOT LIKE ANNA and had lost alot of weigh like Anna

February 19 2007 at 2:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Preston

I don't think that ANYONE would play Anna Nicole Smith. The only person that would have done that movie is Anna herself! But she is no longer with us. I think that Hollywood producers are getting too greed driven trying to rush release a movie on Anna's life. What actress would want to play some trampy, excessive, arrogant, self-centered, egotistical, diva driven woman in Anna? I couldn't stand Anna the last several months--she became more narcissistic. And if she had her way, she should have left that controlling Howard K. Stern a LONG TIME ago! If it is made into a movie, I'll predict that only TWO people will watch it, it'll get bad reviews left and right and it would be too exploitative!!!! Nobody's going to waste their time watching this CRAP!!!!!!!!

February 18 2007 at 9:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Irma

Mackinzie Allen would be my choice. Change her hair color and wear contacts. The girl can act.

February 17 2007 at 9:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
peshu111672

For goodness sake people why are you already worrying about a movie about her when she just passed a week ago and the investagation hasn't even been completed. Really let this woman rest in peace instead of worrying about a movie about her life.

February 17 2007 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
justelise

I just hope they wait for the body to cool off and tell the story in a decent light. I just hope they don't hire an actress who will make the whole thing into a joke like Jessica Simpson.

February 17 2007 at 4:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VSJ

Well of course, it has to be made into something, because we Hollywood types just can't pass up a good story...We don't even need writers on this one. Oh regarding your question, how about Monica Lewinsky? No?

February 16 2007 at 7:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anna

Yes, it does scream 'made-for' but if they are willing to put the time into a good script, it could be a feature I think Charlize could pull it off as a feature but not as a made-for. My worry with the made-for is that it will be cheesy and not portray the drama. ANS was cheesy in the media but I think there is more going on there.

February 16 2007 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
McGone

My money is on Jessica Simpson "in her first dramatic role." Either that or Jenny McCarthy.

February 16 2007 at 4:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hugeliver

Is Jessica Simpson too obvious?
Wooden acting.