April 17, 2014

Chiller's horrific schedule

by Adam Finley, posted Feb 16th 2007 4:17PM

hitchcockNot long ago Kevin hepped us all to the new Chiller channel from NBC/Universal for DirecTV. Now we have a full schedule and some details on some more of the programs that will be a part of the new horror-themed channel. Here's what folks can look forward to:

• Alfred Hitchcock Presents
  • New Alfred Hitchcock Presents (1985 version)
  • Night Gallery
  • Tales From the Crypt
  • Friday the 13th: The Series
  • Freddy's Nightmares
  • G Vs. E
  • American Gothic
  • Monsters
  • Twin Peaks

The new channel launches on March 1. Sitcoms Online has the full schedule here. As Kevin pointed out, it's all recycled content, but it's good recycled content (at least to a horror fan like myself), so I'm not complaining. Aside from the TV series, the new channel will also feature movies like The Shining, Psycho, Cat's Eye, The Andromeda Strain, and some of those great Abbot and Costello Meet [Blank] flicks.

One final thought: No Tales From the Darkside? What's up with that nonsense?

janell

I really like the new station Chiller and I would really like to see them put the old series Dark Shadows on.I would watch it faithfuly. Thanks so much for letting me make a comment.

Janell

April 29 2007 at 8:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angela

Chiller is a great channel, I watch it all day and I would like to see Tales from the Darkside, Night Gallery, and Halloween parts 1-6.

April 19 2007 at 8:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dwnthrabbithole

I just saw the Fangoria 1st annual Award Show on Fuse! You guys need to replay this on your channel. Did I say please? BOSCO.

April 16 2007 at 4:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shelster3

I'm so glad there is finally a channel like this. I remember as a kid staying up all night watching the old lon chaney and boris karloff movies - the werewolf, dracula, and outer limits to name a few. I wish it was unsensored like the originals and no so many commercials. Otherwise, it's a great channel.

April 14 2007 at 12:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BubbaRedneck

Great channel! We love it. Only comment would be to add a little more variety.

April 02 2007 at 1:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bryce

This channel is AWESOME. A much welcomed debut for a straight horror channel, FINALLY. Since "the horror channel" never could seem to get on the air, finally we have our savior - Chiller! I love the variety of programming on now and it's exciting to imagine what you will bring us into the future. Keep on keepin' on, NBC/Universal!!

March 16 2007 at 2:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barton Segal

Get THriller hosted by Boris Karloff & Dracula the
series

March 15 2007 at 6:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jen

So far I love the channel.
I would also like to see Elivra again. As well as the old Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Night Gallery. The new Alfred Hitchcock Presents are ok but I like the old ones better.

March 12 2007 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wilma willis

will this chanel be added to comcast? i live in an apt. buildings and can't get direct t.v. and i know plenty of people who are horror fans that would love to have this channel added to the comcast line up so please if it is at all possible have comcast add this chillers to their line up

March 12 2007 at 12:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Crystal

I would like to see more of , the oiginal night stalker , tales fom the crypt , tales from the darkside , alfred hitchcock , night gallery come on
TV.