April 15, 2014

Fox renews House and Bones

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 17th 2007 3:07PM

BonesI guess you could say I'm terrible with a crystal ball.

I honestly thought that both House and Bones would be canceled rather quickly. Nothing to do with quality, of course. I just thought House would be one of those quirky FOX shows that had a cult following but would be shuffled off to hiatus-land after 8 or 10 episodes, and I thought that Bones wouldn't catch on because people might see it as X-Files light and get bored with the plots rather quickly.

That's how much I know. Both shows have just been given the green light for the 2007-08 season. Both shows are getting great ratings. Probably helped by American Idol but they seem to do pretty well on their own too.

DeAnn

David said "Both Bones and House are always top 20 shows that's all because of American Idol."

Sorry, David, but that is total BS. House is a top 20 show because it is a well written, well acted show, not because of the freak show that is American Idol. I do not watch Idol, nor have I ever wanted to, yet I do watch House and Bones, and I know I am not alone in that viewing pattern. Sure, there are a lot of sheep and lemmings out there who just watch American Idol because they are told it is popular, so they subject themselves to that ridiculous hour of screeching, (and listening to that insufferable man Simon the slimebag) because they have no minds of their own, they're just slaves to whatever is fashionable. But viewers with brains watch House because it is a complex and fascinating show, and they watch Bones for much the same reason. Smart, complex people and plots. Good drama seasoned with comedy and pathos. Those two shows continue to be top shows by dint of acting talent and good writing, not because they are on the same channel as American Idols gasbags.

February 26 2007 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Bones has had about 3 episodes in a row. Fox needs to bump them for American Idol. Normally that would piss me off but both House and Bones are on the air today because of AI. Both Bones and House are always top 20 shows that's all because of American Idol. I too thought both shows would only last 5 episodes but AI has done good things for Fox and I'm glad.

February 18 2007 at 2:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LCWales

I'm glad that they've greenlit Bones for a 3rd season seeing as I absolutely love the show but here's the thing I don't get. If they're happy with the audience figures enough to renew it, why the hell do they keep screwing it around in the schedules? Right now there's a month break before a new episode and I can't remember a time this whole series when there hasn't been a break of at least two weeks between new shows. If they want people to watch it, why drive them away? I'm a huge fan but even I'm on the verge of giving up...

February 18 2007 at 9:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
luke

im glad there not cutting bones out, they have a bad habit of taking out any show worth watchin

February 18 2007 at 4:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris w

I just got into House this season. Hugh Laurie is superb. Even when some eps. are lackluster, his performance elevates this series to a whole other level. I'm glad I started watching this great series this year. Now to keep up on the repeats....

February 17 2007 at 8:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Bones is great! House is well House, it's the same thing every week.

February 17 2007 at 7:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Andy Owens

True stories about Jerry Garcia and unique

artwork to offer his fans.jerry garcia

February 17 2007 at 3:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply