November 24, 2014

Kelly Osbourne reveals family member's HIV status

by Julia Ward, posted Feb 19th 2007 2:03PM
Kelly Osbourne HIV educationReality TV veteran Kelly Osbourne announced at a HIV/AIDS charity event in north London that a member of her family has been diagnosed as HIV positive. Photographers on the scene reported that Osbourne fought back tears as she left the stage. There has been no comment from any the Osbournes following the announcement.

For more information about Body and Soul, the HIV charity organization Kelly was supporting, you can check out Body and Soul's website. For general information on HIV/AIDS, visit the National Institute of Health's HIV and AIDS information site.

Duane

Whoever Kelly is speaking of is in my prayers, we all sin and anyone on this planet could be infected with this horrible disease. How immune would anyone on this Planet be if they were splattered by unfortunate circumstances with someone elses blood and a couple drops went into thier eyes??? You could be the most careful perfect person in this World and you would be infected!!!Bless You Osbourne Family!!!!

February 24 2007 at 4:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tracy

im glad john said it because i was going to as well. you all need to read about hiv ... and about how the disease is now considered a chronic disease with the medicines that have. i found out i had it last year, and i happened to be pregnant. and no my child does not have it. people with this need to take care of themselves, take their meds, and correct all the incorrect judgemental people there are in this world

February 24 2007 at 10:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen Fiori

Golly people where is all the hate comming from?
it seems to me the more i here and read from people the better i like animals..just one comment and people start bashing,she is young and some times people say things under preasure like in school when you had to read a report,and then wish you did not say it that way. even me! dosent mean all the things you haters are saying..where is the love for anything, know wonder the world is the way it is thanks HATERS>>> and to the Osbourn Family if there is anything my Family can do to help your family out let me now and if we can we will do our best for you and any one else that needs a friend and a helping hand....Haters turn your hate into something good, like helping people that need help not hurting those that are all ready down ...HATERS WHAT GOSE AROUND WILL COME BACK AT YOU>>>

February 22 2007 at 8:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kevin

I personally dont see anything wrong how they end the topic:

There has been no comment from any the Osbournes following the announcement.

Unless... the person who made this edited the thing you are all complaning about out.

February 21 2007 at 3:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kilgor Trout

Al, John, other grounded folks who posted thoughtful and compassionate responses - I rarley look at these online comments, practically never post, I only check in once in awhile to confirm my my assumptions of the state of mind of American citizens who have the gift of freedom like nothing else you'll ever find on this planet. We americans chose to be ignorant, intolerant, selfish and narcisitic, and it gets worse every year... we abuse our freedoms. As a result, we lose more and more freedoms and right each and everyday...the narcisists don't even realize it since narcisists dont know what they've lost until they've lost it, and even then, the blame others for that loss.... I observed that for every positive comment posted on this subject there were 15 or more negative, unsympathetion and complety ignorant responses... these AOL forums provide an incredible insight into the american psyche. It shows that we are a nation of "unempathetic" and thoughtless dolts ("dolts" are essentially "dummies" for all you DOLTS out there that just got confused by that word)I love my America, but the citizens of this country are destroying it... don't put the burden on the christians to act christlike either, most christians are clueless about christianity and what it means, they only want the reward at the end of the tunnel so they go through the motions to headfake jesus... there is no reward at the end of your journery, in fact, I believe there is no tunnel. Your Heaven is right here, and we sh*t on it and each other every single day. And the shat gets uglier and uglier every year. Do what I do, do not expect the citizens of this country to be compassionate souls, helpful to the neighbor or champions of good - they have no basis in which to draw those experience from and there is no desire to be a better contributer to the whole... Narcicism will destroy America, and it most certaily has taken over a good many of America's people already. Many are unwilling to help themselves to what freedoms they have, and many simply want a hand out and the right to riducule others or blame others for what they have not... American society is on the edge of collapse...i for one do not expect much from this nation as I dont see how it will ever pull itself out of this downward spiral.

February 21 2007 at 1:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Julia Ward

My apologies to readers who took my comments the wrong way. They were not meant to offend, but to draw attention in a humorous manner to high-risk behaviors.

The reason I included links to Body and Soul and the National Institute of Health were because I'm intimately aware of the need for HIV/AIDS education and research.

It is, however, important to make the distinction between what it means to be HIV positive and to have full-blown AIDS. Again, I refer you to the National Institute of Health for further information.

Thanks, and apologies.

- Julia

February 21 2007 at 12:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mralien032562

HEY MAYBE WE CAN NAME THE RUBBER ALLAH

February 21 2007 at 8:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mralien032562

hey that stuff inside the rubber is really a family of musilums having a picnic

February 21 2007 at 8:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mralien032562

i still say that the rubber looks like prophet mohammed now the stuff inside the prophet mohammed must be his brains

February 21 2007 at 8:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
atamaotsukae!

so all of the people who contracted HIV and AIDS through blood transfusions deserve exactly what they got? serves them right for trying to live longer!

HIV/AIDS isn't a punishment for those who choose to live their own lives as they see fit. regardless of its origin it is a deadly illness that is devastating the world and we need to find a cure for it. and that will happen a lot faster if we all stop pointing fingers at one another (and donate more funds for research and the distribution of medicine and treatments in HIV/AIDS besieged countries!)

February 21 2007 at 8:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply