July 24, 2014

Watch four episodes of The Winner online

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 19th 2007 3:42PM

The WinnerWow, I didn't even realize that FOX was going to do this, but they have posted four episodes of Rob Corddry's new comedy The Winner, which premieres (on television) on March 4 at 8:30.

Now, this is the part of the post where I tell you that I've watched a couple of the episodes and the show is either a.) funny!, b.) a disappointment, or c.) too early to tell, it could get better! Unfortunately, my speakers aren't working right now. Actually, they are, because I can play CDs and iTunes and other stuff just fine, but I can't play the sound on web videos at all (and yes I've checked the settings).

The show looks good. The way the credits come on and there's a title. And the way Rob Cordrry looks when he walks around a room, sits on a couch and moves his mouth. Wow! I can't wait to hear what all the characters are saying.

[via Pop Candy]

hecatehellfire

Content is unavailable outside the U.S. even to Canadians.. fuck that.

February 25 2007 at 2:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ian gilchrist

14 year old kid can't act huh? I liked your last show, asshole

February 21 2007 at 1:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erica

Well, I don't think this post was pointless. How else would I have known that the first 4 episodes were on line for free. Also, it helped me determine that even though the episode with Katey Segal was good. The rest of them weren't. I found it REALLY creepy that his best friend was 14. I think maybe if the kid was older it might be okay or they used less of him in an episode.

It is just sad to see his first time out be so bad.

February 19 2007 at 8:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe Nickel

What a waste of a post, we don't need to read about how your computer isn't working as the episodes do play correctly with sound.

February 19 2007 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan Kalmick

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's NOT funny. The kid who places the 14 year old friend can't act his way out of a cardboard box. I think I only laughed once through 1 and half episodes. I don't know if the first episode was indeed the pilot, but I definately would've passed based on that. I loved Rob Corddry on TDS and his brother Nate was equally funny; I'd like to see them team up for something, maybe one-camera...see them in something like "It's Always Sunny in Philly," but in Boston or something. 2cents.

February 19 2007 at 4:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply