October 25, 2014

Say goodbye to Oliver, but did you love or hate him?

by Elizabeth Chan, posted Feb 21st 2007 7:27PM

Oliver Trask is a despised TV character. The day is closer upon us. The end of The O.C. will come to our screens tomorrow night.. The originator and main reason why the development floodgates of Hollywood were opened to introduce us to programming such as Laguna Beach and other bad teen shows based on excess and other items of unimportance.

Although there are many broken hearted O.C. fans amongst us, we aren't that upset to see a character like Oliver Trask off into oblivion. He was able to exude as much hate that a writer could place on a single character, and I am personally glad to see him go.

Why would anyone like Kimmy Gibbler? To commemorate the passing of Oliver Trask, check out this gallery featuring the most despised characters to grace our television screens.

See if you agree on who made the list. I personally liked Steve Urkel and his split personality Stephan Urquelle, but I also met up with my neighborhood friends to play with Barbies on Friday nights. So maybe you know better.

Erika Sumer

I didn't hate Oliver as much as I hated Marissa for not seeing through his creepy, creepy act. It wasn't much of an act either. Everything he did should have had alarm bells ringing in her head saying to stay the hell away from this guy. Marissa always thinks that these weird guys get her more than Ryan does. Johnny was the exact same story except not as psycho and more whiny.

May 06 2007 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
oc addict

I agree, Johnny was a worse character than Oliver. Oliver was crazy and meant to be disliked, but that's what made him worthwhile. People love to hate Oliver.

February 26 2007 at 11:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
khamel

is that kimmy gibbler?

February 22 2007 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cavalera

Oliver was the best guest star that appeared on The OC.
Great character and great acting. Dont see why people dont like him :d

February 22 2007 at 6:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jake

Am I the only one who liked Oliver and where he brought the story. If you wanna look for bad characters -- look at Johnny in season 3. I'm sad that this show is ending -- it's too bad more people didn't watcth season 4 -- it has been really good.

February 21 2007 at 11:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pinsleric

Ugh... Oliver just ruined Ryan and Marissa's relationship so bad... (not that it exactly got to last)

February 21 2007 at 9:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amber

The AOL page you linked to says the page cannot be found.

February 21 2007 at 9:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Goats

Why does this have an anime tag?

February 21 2007 at 8:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply