July 31, 2014

October Road to take the place of Men In Trees for a month

by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 23rd 2007 4:04PM

Bryan GreenbergThe new drama October Road will slide into the post-Grey's Anatomy slot, Thursday at 10pm, on March 15, knocking the Anne Heche show Men In Trees onto the shelf for about a month (that show will return in April).

I've been looking forward to October Road ever since I first heard about it last year, for two reasons. One, I found out a friend of mine is working on it, and two, it's about a writer who decides to go back to his hometown and the people there resent him because of all of the things he wrote about them in his books. That sounds like a great premise, though I wonder how it will translate to weekly television.

The show stars Bryan Greenberg (Unscripted, One Tree Hill, Life With Bonnie) as the writer. Also in the cast are Tom Berenger, Laura Prepon, and Geoff Stults.

[via TV Tattle]

Gidget

Oh my gosh! We now have a thursday night dinner and we all getogether and watch Grey's Anatomy and we all LOVE October Road!! Our friends and family all have something to look forward to during the week. Great characters and story line! Glad to see more of Bryan Greenberg since he had a short lived part in One Tree Hill. We enjoy his character so much! And our daughters(22,23) say he's not at all bad to look at! Thanks!

April 05 2007 at 11:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cate

I LOVE this new show. I also love Bryan Greenberg who plays the main Charater. I am pretty sure this show is influenced by my home town in Mass. I think the writer is from my town, if he is the guy who wrote Beautiful girls. Anyway, its really funny to watch because it is soooooooo familiar right down to the contractor and the landscapers...
either way I think the show is great and I hope it gets a full season.

March 30 2007 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danielle

I haven't seen any acknowledgements to Jonathan Tropper -- "Book of Joe." I really hope they didn't "rip it off." That is my favorite book -- I can't imagine it being a TV show...nor anyone being able to do it justice. And if it is, who casted "Donna" from That 70's Show? She's NOT the right character for the part.

March 14 2007 at 11:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chrissy

My son is in it also and we had a great time filming. The cast and crew are wonderful and I hope the show makes it.

March 14 2007 at 5:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Terry Thomas

"October Road" was shot in Atlanta in 2006 between Halloween and Christmas. It took the place of the fictional college town where the show takes place, Knight's Ridge.

I hope the show gets good ratings so they come back here to shoot more episodes because I'm in it. Watch for me - I'm the only bearded fat guy in the show. I played four different characters: college professor, newspaper photographer, street character and bar patron.

The folks from Disney's Touchstone Films spent a lot of time and money building sets in a warehouse which for two months became a sound stage. They built a couple college dorm rooms, a clone of a home in Newnan, Georgia, Sully's Tavern and a veternarian clinic.

Terry Thomas
Actor and Unit Stills Photographer
Atlanta, Georgia

March 13 2007 at 8:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BC McKinney

"a writer who decides to go back to his hometown and the people there resent him because of all of the things he wrote about them in his books. That sounds like a great premise, though I wonder how it will translate to weekly television."

Well, when it was called "Glory Days" in 2002, it only lasted 9 episodes, although I actually liked it, mainly because of the appealing cast--Eddie Cahill, Poppy Montgomery, Emily VanCamp, Frances Fisher, Theresa Russell, and that guy who played Zane.

February 23 2007 at 9:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jen

My Men in Trees better not be bumped from that timeslot!

:p

February 23 2007 at 8:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

Huh. Did someone rip off the plot of "The Book of Joe" for this?

February 23 2007 at 6:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply