December 19, 2014

CSI: Miami: A Grizzly Murder

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Feb 27th 2007 12:40PM

Jonathan Togo as Ryan Wolfe on CSI: Miami.(S05E17) Alright, I'm not trying to say that it's inaccurate, but did anyone else have a hard time buying into the whole "hunting for grizzlies in the Everglades" thing? Everyone else should be raising their hand right now because it felt ridiculous in the sense that we weren't even in Miami anymore. I love it though. What won't this show do?

Here's what did bug me about it though. The story was essentially a rip-off of the dark comedy Very Bad Things. Buddies get together, prostitute dies, and then they all turn on each other. That's the movie in a nutshell and that was essentially the gist of the whole episode as well. Except for the grizzly bear. I did mention the grizzly bear, right? The one in Miami?

OK, despite all that, there were some good things about this episode. First off? The issues with Delko seem like they're fading quickly. There were only a few mentions of his memory loss. For good measure, anytime someone questioned whether or not he was ready to be back we got plenty of close-ups of that huge scar on the back of his head though. So it looks like this will all be over when his hair grows out? Who knows.

Something we've been lacking this season are some decent ongoing storylines and it looks like a few have developed from this episode. Horatio appears to have a new love interest in the stripper exotic dancer working girl nice lady that he helped in this episode. I'd say it seems too soon, but then again, the romance between him and Marisol seemed to come out of nowhere too. He's got that savior complex, you know?

Additionally, it looks like Ed Begley, Jr. will have a small reoccurring role. Has he been in the show before? I can't remember. Anyway, he plays Supervisor O'Shea -- one of Horatio's bosses. H busted O'Shea with the previously mentioned "nice lady." Despite Stetler's warnings (I love that he's back!), Horatio plans to pursue O'Shea's prosecution.

Should get interesting, especially if the Supervisor holds true to his threats of downsizing the crime lab. Wouldn't that be something if the season ended with Horatio losing his job? He'd get it back obviously, but I feel like that's the sort of cliffhanger we could get from CSI: Miami.

MBiedel

I was the victim on the episode, Dennis West. They used two brown bears for the episode, a brother and a sister.

March 21 2007 at 5:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diane

Please see if you can find the song from March 6, 2007, "Death Eminent"

I sure enjoy reading all this CSI Miami Stuff, you guys are great!

Thanks,
Diane

March 12 2007 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mika

No-it's a horrible show. Awful stories along with the acting. It's a joke and that's why it's popular so people can laugh at it.

March 07 2007 at 9:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mika

March 07 2007 at 9:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mika

March 07 2007 at 9:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

Still a great show.

March 06 2007 at 10:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mika

I'm sorry this show is for the age group 16 and under. How stupid can you get? They are more focused on what to wear to a crime scene than solving it. The acting is horrible and I cannot believe the actors that H and Delko get paid to do this-what a waste of money!!!!!

March 05 2007 at 11:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wynter

I JUST LOVE THIS SHOW, IT MY FAVORITE SHOW. I NEVER MISS IT. I EVEN WATCH THE RERUNS. I HOPE THIS SHOW STAYS AROUND FOR VERY LONG TIME. DAVID CARUSO IS DA MAN, FOR REAL!!!!! I HOPE SOPHIA COMES BACK AFTER HER STINT ON "DESIRE". I LOVED HER AS VICTORIA.

March 02 2007 at 2:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tbird

Definitely a grizzly bear. I wonder if it was Tank or Little Bart. Does anyone know for sure?

March 01 2007 at 9:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BC McKinney

The bear looked too large and was the wrong color to be a native black bear, but there are such things as hunting parks that import exotic game for rich tourists to "hunt", which, between the professional guide and the placement of lure, is what this looked like.

February 27 2007 at 7:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply