August 20, 2014

Lost producers divulge Season Three details

by Erin Martell, posted Feb 27th 2007 9:35AM

Jorge Garcia as HurleyLost co-executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis are spilling the beans about Season Three, or least hinting at what's to come. Horowitz and Kitsis co-wrote the upcoming Hurley-centric episode "Tricia Tanaka is Dead," along with several other Hurley flashback episodes.

Fans can expect this new episode to be relatively lighter than the intense Other storylines. The writers are also encouraging viewers to pay special attention to the last few minutes of the episode, a bold promise after last week's misleading ABC promos. According to Horowitz and Kitsis, the episode's events have been in the works for a long time.

The writers teased that "the question on everyone's mind" concerning Locke would be resolved in an upcoming episode, and that new plotlines would open up for the mysterious character. In addition to the Locke episode, Season Three will include flashbacks for Claire, Sayid, Paulo, and Nikki.

Horowitz and Kitsis, who penned "Dave" and "Everybody Hates Hugo," said that they enjoy writing for the Hurley character. As a fan, I like the idea of certain writers taking ownership of the voices of individual characters. "Tricia Tanaka is Dead," airing this Wednesday at 10pm ET, features guest stars Cheech Marin and Lillian Hurst as Hurley's parents.

CB

Answers, smanwers - just watch the bloody show! I am so sick of people complaining that they're aren't enough answers answered! And what's even more rich than that, they "threaten" to stop watching if they don't get their way. Hilarious. If you want to go, go, but no wants to hear about it.

I mean, can't we just watch a show anymore?

February 27 2007 at 10:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zach

I don't think they should give everything away, at least answer some questions though, even if it creates new ones.

Who the was that in the North Pole?? :P

February 27 2007 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erika

I totally forgot about Locke! there are too many characters to keep track of.

February 27 2007 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ian Power

It was really cheap just hauling Nikki and Paulo out of their arses like that; there's too much going on already - I don't give two shits about new characters at this point.

February 27 2007 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ian Scheinberg/ fan from the start

hurry up and give us something schitt all the hotties are killed off so where stuck with the ugly chick from mommy dearest..........

February 27 2007 at 2:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I said this before and I'll say this again.

There is the right way to do something and the wrong way, Lost is doing it the wrong way. The writers came out and said that they wouldn't explain the island until the final episode. To me that's just bad planning. The show should answer some question and raise new ones. We don't need to know what the island is but some other of the 4,957,925,967 mysteries should be answered. The show's ratings are dropping not only because it's on at 10pm but because people think this will turn into the X-Files, all question and no answers.

February 27 2007 at 12:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
drax

Allen: Stories are supposed to have a beginning, a middle and an end. After David Fury left in S1 the remaining writers (Cuse, I'm lookijng at you) were eventually forced to admit they had no idea how to resolve the various plot strands. Fury said, and after much wailing and gnashing of teeth the other writers confirmed, they were pretty much making it up as they went along. Not just the minor sub plots but the whole show.
Now if a series is based on mystery and the audience are partaking (see last summer's "Lost Experience") how is it fair to the viewers if the writers themselves don't know how things are gonna turn out ? There's no point in trying to work things out coz it's random chance whether or not the writers will go your way.
This is the sort of series that *should* have been mapped out from beginning to end before a single frame was shot, anything else is cheating the viewers who're investing in it.
It's too late for them to wrap things up this series, but they have to do it next season so the remaining audience, both of them, get some closure.

February 27 2007 at 12:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VSJ

This Hurley (Jorge Garcia) character obviously does not have body conscious issues - if he were a woman, the press would be all over him/her about his/her weight and appearance...

February 27 2007 at 12:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Teddy

I'm looking forward to this episode. I liked the other ones those guys wrote, and I think "Lost" has really been missing the playful tone Hurley's character brings. (It's easy to underestimate how brilliantly Jorge Garcia plays the role.) And the show's story flaws don't matter nearly as much when an episode is actually fun to watch.

On the other hand, I think the only question on everyone's mind about Locke at this point is, "Whatever happened to that bald guy? He used to be pretty important on this show, right?"

February 27 2007 at 11:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff N.

I enjoy the show and I don't worry about the answers. I know they are going to come. Lost is unique show. It's not a procedural crime show of which there are 10 or 12 of on TV right now. I'm just going to enjoy the ride. Because once they explain all the mystery the show is over.

February 27 2007 at 11:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply