November 22, 2014

Report: Posh Spice's reality is coming to NBC

by Anna Johns, posted Feb 27th 2007 7:02PM
victoria beckham; david beckhamVictoria Beckham is funny? This London newspaper is confirming rumors that Victoria (perhaps better known to Americans as Posh Spice) has signed a deal to star in her own reality show for NBC. It'll be all about her move from Europe to the United States, as her husband, soccer star David Beckham, starts up with the Los Angeles Galaxy. Her manager, Simon Fuller, tells the press that it's a tongue-in-cheek show because, hey, "She's a funny lady".

Now, I don't know if you look at People magazine's Star Tracks every day like I do, but "fun" would probably be the last word I would use to describe Victoria Beckham. First of all, she never smiles. She also appears extremely uptight and full of herself (more than your typical celebrity). Maybe the ice-cold stares are a mask for a woman with a very dry wit. Her manager says it's a great opportunity for people to discover her personality. I have to admit that I am intrigued because I was pretty positive she was a robot.

Does anybody want to watch this?

Gwin

I read somewhere a long time ago that the reason she doesn't smile is because she doesn't like the way she looks when she's smiling. Soooo... she's more concerned about her looks than about showing emotion, I guess.

I think she's disgusting: too skinny and not the least bit interesting.

February 28 2007 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sarah

She was hilarious on the Ali G sketch she and Beckham did .. a very good sport. Look it up on youtube.

February 28 2007 at 10:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VSJ

These people (Beckhams) are obviously desperate for constant attention...The only reason this Victoria Beckham is getting a pass from NBC is because of Simon Fuller and American Idol - if it was not for that no one would be interested in watching this fembot.

February 28 2007 at 12:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tv junkie

"I have to admit that I am intrigued because I was pretty positive she was a robot."

hey, you saw those VH1 shows parodied her being a robot right?

February 27 2007 at 7:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

I can't wait!! She really cracks me up.

February 27 2007 at 7:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
angela

I've seen her in clips from various UK shows where she was quite engaging and funny, and she was also quite funny in Spice World (which was also quite funny and tongue-in-cheek itself). She postures and doesn't smile in pictures because that's what the photographers want her to do because she's Posh Spice and Posh Spice doesn't smile, so she complies so she can go on her merry way. I'll watch the show--I think eventually it'll morph away from a reality series about her and her family and more into a show she hosts about fashion, entertainment and sports.

February 27 2007 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply