Kellie's little blue Idol dress

by Jon Peter Lewis, posted Mar 2nd 2007 12:41PM

Jon Peter LewisI was a little distracted tonight. I should have been trying to care about who left this week, but instead I kept thinking about Kellie Pickler and her little blue dress. It's not what you think; I'm into smarter girls. It's just funny how perfectly she illustrated what the effect of a night on the town in your "Red High Heels" will have on you.

I like to think she woke up the morning after and looked down and was like "holy s**t my boobs are bigger!" It makes for a good story.

Another good story is: now that Alaina is out, Ryan is free to hit on her openly. I think something like that could bump Britney and her bald head from the cover of every magazine in the grocery store. It's publicity gold. There were lots of other little fun tidbits on the show last night. Starting with one of Idol's very own bald contestants, AJ.

I found it incredibly ironic that both AJ and Leslie, who were "feeling good" so intensely that they had to express it in song, were sent home and probably feeling the least content. And, weird enough, that seemed to be the theme of the night -- and not just from the cast-offs.

I could understand Alaina losing it during her last performance. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. But when I see Gina blubbering in one corner, Melinda's face covered in tears in the other and Sundance crying steadfastly in the back for who knows why, I just sit back perplexed thinking, "What the heck? Get it together."

It's cool that they support each other I guess, but man ...

Sanjaya MalakarThe biggest story that seems to be in everyone's mind is why didn't Sanjaya or Antonella get the boot last night. It's a shocker, they're saying. I don't see what's so shocking about it really. No matter what the judges say, the singing part of the competition is over once the voting is opened up to the public.

Then it becomes a campaign. The winner is the one who can pull from the most voting demographics. Being the worst has it's voters (don't think that Votefortheworst.com can make a dent in the 32 million votes cast). Also, being a scandalous hot chick has its appeal to people, as does looking like a 12-year-old boy.

Like Simon said, AJ didn't stand out. The same could be said about the others going home. You have to personify something to get anywhere.

Anyway, it's late and I'm tired. Sayonara until next time.

[Jon Peter Lewis was a contestant on the third season of "American Idol." He has just released his debut album, "Stories From Hollywood." Visit his Web site, jonpeterlewis.com, and americanidol.com to download his single.]

Go to AOL for more 'Idol' news, photos, recaps, rumors and more.

Devin

kelli looked terrific! the hair-do did make her look more mature but was still done in good taste. she looked more like a young women and less like a girl. her breasts looked amazing, and real,too...so leave the girl alone...she looks like she filled out everywhere. the song seemed a little monotone to me...but the sentiment it conveyed was good. she's a beautiful and talented young women with lots of personality, and will continue to grow as an artist!!!! whether or not her breasts are real is her business, in any event!!!

March 08 2007 at 9:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy J

This season's male contestants are a major disappointment. The next American Idol will definitely be female, but I am still trying to decide which one I think it will be.

March 07 2007 at 9:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Julie

Kelly looked like not only did she get a boob job, but a butt job too. The hair was awful And the dress was a size too small. She should loose the dum blond act already.She was really cute and sexy in her "Red Shoes" video, it's too bad who ever is managing her made her look like a cross between Dolly Parton and Tammy Wynette.

March 06 2007 at 8:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
reality

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if it wasn't for the efforts of VFTW, you wouldn't have won that Wildcard slot. A Little Less Conversation ranked #14 on the list of awesomely bad performances. There really just weren't that many of us who were actually fans voting for you.

March 06 2007 at 1:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Preston

I liked Kellie Pickler's new look with her blue dress! Who cares if she gained some weight? And she's moved on to a new look--she can't have that "I was once on a talent show" look anymore. Remember when Kelly Clarkson went for her radical, edgy look for her 2nd album, and people loved it! We have to accept transition with some celebrities' images. Regarding why Antonella and Sanjaya didn't get eliminated, it's this "give them one more chance" effect. In Antonella's case, the voters who voted want to keep her in and leave that controversy she faced this week out! She should have been voted out to avoid even more public embarrassment with those salacious photos. And Sanjaya was really forgettable with his boring performance. But didn't anybody know that their performances were lousy? If they performed like that at an arena, I'd walk out the building and get my money back! This happens every year, when they tend to keep the most mediocre of singers in the competition. Jasmine Trias was not one of the best a few years back. Half were good and half were bad. No, I'm not shocked, but I'll be REALLY shocked if one of the best singers get voted out and those same one or two stay in. I'll go even FURTHER than that--if Antonella appears in the top 12 and she's on that annual CD of those singers, I won't play her song! I'll skip that track when it comes up on the CD!

March 03 2007 at 7:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lee

Didn't like Kelli last year.Don't like her this year.Her hair was ugly from this hairdresser's point of view.The dress was too tight and aging.The boobs looked like inflated life rafts and her singing was as ordinary as ever.

March 03 2007 at 6:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JP

Hey, every season has at least one contestant who makes it a lot farther than they actually should. So maybe Sanjaya is this year's Jasmine.

March 03 2007 at 4:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JP

Kellie's shoes reminded me of a story (yes, a certain couple posters here may recognise it)

My grandparents, a few years ago, went to a Dolly Parton concert. Afterward, my mom asked them how it was. My grandpa responded, "She's got the biggest... uh... heels I've ever seen."

March 02 2007 at 10:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jenny

I am so disgusted with that show and the people who are voting for the wrong reasons.I can see Antonella's family voting but geez what are ya thinking.....I will tell ya!! Some are just pitty votes"feel sorry for me"which is exactly what she is hoping for and others(mainly young men)just love the pictures.Does she look upset over all of this??NOT...because I think she is behind this too.She may be a nasty cold hearted little brat but she is a smart one.If(should say when)she gets booted off she figures someone will call her and she will get the fame she wants one way or another.

March 02 2007 at 7:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
simonfan84

Jon, I love ya, but don't diss Pickles. I mean c'mon she's Kat's Little Pick Pickler!!! =]]

March 02 2007 at 7:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply