October 31, 2014

The Amazing Race All-Stars: "I'm Sorry I'm Wearing a Bathing Suit. It is Very Weird, I know."

by Anna Johns, posted Mar 5th 2007 7:31AM
rob; amber; the amazing race(S11E03) This episode really had my heartrate going! When it came down to the end, there was a certain team that I wanted to be eliminated but they remain. Sigh.

The teams remained in Chile this week. Things went from tense (thanks to Mirna) to hilarious (thanks to Rob) throughout the episode. I think my favorite team so far is Rob & Amber just because they're so laid back. Everyone else is taking this waaay too seriously.

Spoilers after the jump:

Rob & Amber [1]: The difference between this team and the others is their ability to stay calm. As much as it is annoying that Rob and Amber live in front of reality television cameras, they make a great team. They're very supportive of each other and Amber is totally up for anything. Nothing ruffles that girl's feathers. Not surprisingly, these two placed first... again.

Uchenna & Joyce [2]: Not much of these two this episode. I felt terrible for Joyce when she had to tell the other teams that she couldn't get any tickets for them.

Oswald & Danny [5]: Not much of these two, either. I think their fitness level may be a problem later in the season because they sure are winded during challenges!

David & Mary [ELIMINATED]: How funny was Dave in the fish tank? He's a rough guy who can work deep in a coal mine, but touching fish creeps him out?!? It was sad to see these two get kicked off the show, but I think we all know they aren't so great at this race. They needed the other teams last season to stay in so long. Bummer, really, because they are a kick to watch.

Charla & Mirna [8]: Dammit! I want these two to lose so badly! Mirna is such a hypocrite! She bitched out the beauty queens last week for following them to a location, but she can bust in on someone in line at the ticket counter? Oh, I don't think so. Once again, Mirna panicked during the Road Block challenge when she had to gather fish. That's karma, baby. She deserved a nightmare task for trying to butt in front of another team.

Teri & Ian [6]: These two have finally engaged. Wasn't it fun to see Teri's claws come out when Mirna tried to butt in on their line in Santiago? Poor Teri fell out of the raft during the Detour, giving poor Ian a heart attack. You could hear the panic in his voice when he realized she fell out. It was only for a second though because this girl rocks and she held on to the outside of the raft.

Eric & Danielle [3]: Finally! The inevitable breakdown for the dating couple. It happened when Danielle was scared to death of fish during a Road Block. Eric was not at all helpful and shame on him for yelling at her. He definitely made things worse by freaking her out.

Joe & Bill [7]:
Okay, what was with the matching black shirts and necklaces during the testimonials? These two--so far--are along for comic relief. They had me laughing out loud when one of them (not sure which one) stood in front of Eric & Danielle's car when they stole the guys' directions and cut them off.

Dustin & Kandice [4]: Game on! The beauty queens really found their strike during this episode during the fish-wrangling Road Block. I'm not sure why they decided to align with Teri & Ian (and I'm not sure how strong that alliance will be). Missing the clue for the Detour could've been fatal for them, but they quickly figured out their mistake. And their mistake screwed up another team when they saw the girls going the other way! It looks like things may finally be turning around for Dustin & Kandice.

Next week: Charla versus Amber. I'm betting on Charla.

blueblake

Just wanted to say to the post about gay kissing. Straight people kiss all the time on TV. If you want to censor your life go live in North Korea and have fun. I will buy your ticket. America is free for a reason and EVERYONE should enjoy those freedoms because EVERYONE fights to keep them (JUST ASK and tell). Second I think ROB and Amber elimination was set up by CBS. Since when does spelling matter that much plus it seemed too unlikely they would be eliminated.

March 13 2007 at 12:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

We have watched the Race for several years now and love it. However, this may be the last time we watch. We do not mind gays being on the show, but we are grossed out by the kissing! Children don't understand and we sure don't want to watch it!

March 12 2007 at 9:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mike r

the BQ's deserve to win this time.. they are a fierce team.
ROMBER has to go soon inorder for the other teams to have a chance..even thou im an AMBER fan.. Rob makes it hard to like them.
Glad to see KENTUCKY leave this time...this is a game not to make new friends.
im concerned that the previews for next week we will see one of our fav's to go before mirna & charla

March 06 2007 at 11:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rhonda

I can't believe I missed this episode. Once 10pm rolled around and I remembered I almost kicked myself.

Anyway, I want Uchenna and Joyce to win again. I like how they play the game and I think they're the team to stick it to R&A like they did the last time.

March 06 2007 at 12:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
M

I am so happy that David and Mary are gone. Mary was such an idiot--why did you make your husband gather fish if he's afraid of fish?! And she doesn't know how to swim either? Crazy. Although I like Charla and Mirna, I think that they're the next to go (but the preview for next week seems to dictate otherwise).

March 05 2007 at 6:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nick

I wonder if Charla hooked up with the midget that that was with Phil.

March 05 2007 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
danielobvt

My Roommate and I were just surprised since I think this was the first (and last) time that we ever saw David without a hat... he had blonde hair, who knew?

I loved this episode since it came down to my 2 least favorite teams in a competition to see whom will be eliminated first. Now at least I don't have to hear Mary whining about doing tasks on her second great adventure.

Go BQ's!!!! You need to stop scaring me like you did in this episode.

March 05 2007 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom Brady

As much as I am not a "Romber" fan, I have to give this to them: they are doing everything right. By reading directions and following them carefully, keeping their heads, and relying on local help in a sensible fashion they are proving that they're the best team in the race. Heck, if they can keep their attitude in check, I might even be able to cheer for them and not feel dirty!

March 05 2007 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Morgan at Spot Cost

LOVE Charla and Mirna, but mainly just because Mirna is hot.

I honestly, for the life of me, can't understand the attraction to Rob and Amber. Just terrible, and no offense, but to call Rob hilarious-- Sweet Jesus.

Guess I have to root for the beauty queens since so many of these teams are incompetent.

March 05 2007 at 12:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
slutty_whore

I'm a Charla/Mirna fan, but Anna, seriously? Did you see the entire episode of them carrying the Guidos to Petrohue and then getting left in the dust by them?

I also disagree with you when you say R/A are the most composed team: I actually think the most composed team of the race are the BQ's (AND I REALLY HATE TO GIVE THEM ANY CREDIT), I mean, it's difficult to really judge R/A until they are faced with some adversity within the race.

March 05 2007 at 12:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply