Lost audio podcast recap: March 5, 2007
ABC's newest Lost audio podcast is full of entertaining and useful behind-the-scenes information. Cast members Josh Holloway, Daniel Dae Kim, and Jorge Garcia discuss their experiences filming the "Tricia Tanaka is Dead" episode. A short interview with Paul Terry, editor of Lost: The Official Magazine, is also featured. Finally, the podcast includes a brief clip of the upcoming episode titled "Enter 77."
- In the cast interview, Jorge Garcia mentions that the dog trainers had trouble getting Madison (Vincent the Dog) to hold the corpse's arm in her mouth the same way on each take. The arm was even sent home with Madison so she could get comfortable carrying it around.
- Garcia's favorite scene in "Tricia Tanaka is Dead" is the one in which Hurley and Jin are pulling Roger's corpse out of the van.
- Daniel Dae Kim had more fun filming "Tricia Tanaka is Dead" than any other Lost episode. He loved the element of male camaraderie, as well as being able to shoot with a majority of the cast again.
- According to Josh Holloway, he and Daniel Dae Kim stole a real beer and affixed a DHARMA label on it for their drinking scene.
- Editor Paul Terry approaches Lost: The Official Magazine like a print version of DVD special features. The magazine includes cast interviews, fan questions answered by Damon Lindelof, and concept art from the show.
- In response to a fan question, Damon Lindelof has stated that viewers have not seen the last of Michael and Walt. Their story line will not necessarily be revisited in this season, however.
- Terry's favorite fan theory is that all of the characters' fathers are somehow involved with the Hanso foundation.
- According to Terry, the two most crucial episodes from Season Three (in terms of clues) are "Further Instructions" and "Flashes Before Your Eyes."
- The April 10 issue of Lost: The Official Magazine will feature a poster-sized pullout of the map that Locke saw while trapped under the blast door ("Lockdown"). There are also interviews with Evangeline Lilly and Josh Holloway.
- The "Enter 77" clip is taken from a scene in which Locke, Sayid, Kate, and Danielle are staking out a building with a satellite dish. The building's inhabitant is the Eye Patch guy from "The Cost of Living."
Check back next week for another podcast recap!