October 24, 2014

Entertainment Tonight should be ashamed

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 7th 2007 2:25PM

SternI promised myself - promised, promised, promised - that I wouldn't write another story about Anna Nicole Smith. But then I saw this video, and I had to post this. If it stops just one person from watching another second of Entertainment Tonight, then this post is worth it.

The video is from Entertainment Tonight, who had EXCLUSIVE! access to the funeral in the Bahamas (*cough* $$$$$ *cough*), and while we get all of the expected weeping and slow motion and doves being released, we also see various friends and relatives of Anna Nicole taking a shovel and grabbing dirt out of the back of a wheelbarrow. I'm sure this is done at funerals, but it just seems odd to have everyone at the funeral grab the shovel and join in. After a while it seems like less a tribute than just doing some maintenance work at the cemetery.

Pay special attention to the job Anna Nicole's mom does.

HKS is a Squatter

The dirt is a tradition. Virgie was mad that her daughter was in the ground and HKS put her there. She probably wanted to make sure HKS didn't dig her up and try to sell the tiara or take pictures of her. HKS is disgusting and ET is more than disgusting.

April 14 2007 at 2:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BJLeibert

Disgusting that you show Stern's family whining about how difficult it is to go out with the little girl--while the bio father is kept from seeing or taking care of her which is his right. Enablers to him, just like he was to Anna. Hopefully this will soon be over--to use the excuse this is what Anna wanted is senseless. A dope fiend is not capable of making right decisions and a mother wishes of keeping a child from its father is not the law. Is there no decency in any of that family? They are showing us each time they speak and appear there is not.

April 07 2007 at 11:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
elaine gallagher

I think that ET is the most dispicable show on television. They would use their own mother and father to make a buck. HKS seems to have them as his private PR people. Two nights in a row ET has shown HKS and his entire family as a loving and caring family for Dannilyn. Have none of them, no humility? The entire family are squatters in someone else's house with someone else's baby, who as far as I am concerned is being kidnapped by them and being held against her will as I am sure she would rather be with her biological father and biological mother. The nerve of ET or any organization to show such a disgusting display when LB and Mrs. Virgie Arthur have to stand on the outside and look in. what kind of laws do we have in this country and in the Bahamas to let something like this go on for so long?

April 06 2007 at 9:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beverly

ET should be ashamed of many things lately. Ms Smith and the donald. He diserves small print. In this day and age ET making fun and keeping to bottom feed off the dump truck. Need I reminde you of the deaths lately of the depressed people? Those not touched by real depression usualy don't get us. Boycott ET and The Donald hsi show and his companies see how he can do without the clinicly depressed not watching him and ET. Hit them where it hurts. His pocket book!!

March 15 2007 at 9:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joanne

I have to say that over the years I have enjoyed E.T. however, since the death of Anna Nicole Smith and her son Daniel I have been very disappointed in the way E.T. have been portraying Howard K Stern. It seems to me that they are trying to make him look like some great person, someone Anna could rely on and a person that loved her so much (and Daniel). I hope that if it turns out that Howard had something to do with these deaths E.T. will feel embarrassed and ashamed of their part in this very sad situation. I also feel that Howard used Anna for his own personal gain money, spotlight. I feel so sorry for this baby and hope that Larry B. is the father and takes the baby back to his homeland and raises her as normal as can be surrounded by people who love her. It would be tragic
if this baby grew up with Howard K. Stern as I feel he would be trying to make as much money off her as possible. As for Anna's Mom I think that when drugs comes into a family it can destroy even the best relationships so people should not be so quick to put Vergie down. If you think about it anyone who wanted Anna to quit drugs she pushed out of her life and its odd how Howard was still in her life till the end hm......... I would like to end by saying lets hope no-one from E.T. finds themselves in a similer situation as Vergie and Anna and has to do tough love what would people say about their parenting skills. Also I will also not be watching E.T. any longer.

March 11 2007 at 4:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

Entertainment Tonight's coverage of Anna Nichole Smith has been absolutely disgusting. It has been ever since her son died and her daughter was born.

Unfortunately, it's all about money and ratings and not any kind of respect for Anna Nichole or her situation. They are milking this for all it's worth.

I agree with what Cathy said above. ET with Mary Hart used to be pretty decent show. Now it's just sensationalistic bullshit. What happened to Mary Hart, anyway? I had respect for her. Now she's just as bad as the rest of them.

BTW, I see no problem with Bob's "coverage of the TV coverage" here on TVS.

March 07 2007 at 5:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lauren mendes

Howard K. Stern words do sound creepy and contrived. Howard is a murderer. Everything he says and does is for his own sinister agenda. I will NEVER believe that Daniel killed himself. NEVER.
HKS worked that situtation and looked out for " his best interests " only. I don't believe a word he says. Daniel knew HKS wasn't the father and he also knew that Horizon's was not a gift to his mother. ( he was a liability to HKS....so he got rid of him ) He was also standing in HKS way of getting all that $$ he was hoping ANS was going to be awarded .

Only a naive person looking through " rose colored glasses " could see any earnesty in HKS. He is a really devious guy. He is driven stickly by greed and insincerity. I hate him. Thank goodness all eyes are on him right now and HE CAN'T HURT DANNILYNN. I hope there is " justise served " and HKS pays for what he has done.

March 07 2007 at 5:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lauren mendes

I read his words, and they seem so creepy. I can't put my finger on it, but they are oily, contrived and insincere. Do you think he really cared about Anna Nicole, or was she just a meal ticket for him?

March 07 2007 at 5:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
4ham

I'm not sure what creed they followed, but this sounds like a Jewish Funeral to me.

March 07 2007 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mariah Abell

Entertainment Tonight SHOULD be ashamed but my guess is they're not.

March 07 2007 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply