October 2, 2014

Steve Coogan joins Curb Your Enthusiasm cast

by Julia Ward, posted Mar 7th 2007 3:34PM
Steve CooganSteve Coogan, creator of enduring BBC comedy character Alan Partridge and director Michael Winterbottom's apparent muse, is joining the cast of Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm as a psychiatrist. According to the ever reliable and always tasteful Sun, Coogan is a huge fan of the show and jumped at the chance to play opposite David.

If you haven't seen Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story or Knowing Me, Knowing You... Alan Partridge, I must insist that you leave TV Squad immediately, join Netflix and get started on your own personal Coogan marathon. It's rare that I say this about anyone media-related other than Joss Whedon, but the man is a genius. My fandom cannot be stopped.

SeanTubbs

I got hooked on Alan Partridge when BBC America ran all of series 1 in one evening. The first series is brilliant, and the second series isn't quite as good. I'm working my way through Knowing Me Knowing You, and it's great to see they heyday of Alan's career.

Ah ha!

March 09 2007 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kevin

brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! i've loved coogan in everything i've seen him in and now he joins another of my favorite shows.

seek out any incantation of alan partridge you can. one of the funniest tv characters ever.

March 07 2007 at 11:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

Best TV news I've heard in months. Why won't HBO or ANY network (ABC, obviously you don't have to pay attention to this) give Coogan a chance to do his own show?

March 07 2007 at 9:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justin

When the hell is this show coming back?!

March 07 2007 at 6:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

He's also damn funny in Saxondale

March 07 2007 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Benjy

Coogan rocked as Tony Wilson, the founder of Factory Records, in the movie "24-Hour Party People". Highly recommended!

March 07 2007 at 3:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply