October 23, 2014

Tim Daly may be the McHottie on the Grey's spinoff

by Anna Johns, posted Mar 7th 2007 6:33PM
tim dalyAccording to The Hollywood Reporter, actor Tim Daly is poised to take a leading role in that spinoff to Grey's Anatomy that everyone is all hyped up about. He'll guest star in a two-hour episode that is meant to be the launching point for the spinoff. His character is described as "handsome, sincere, like a McDreamy." He'll have some competition for Resident Hunk because Taye Diggs has already signed on to the spinoff.

Series creator Shonda Rhimes is reportedly planning a spinoff to Grey's Anatomy, starring Kate Walsh, whose character Addison Shepherd is about to leave Seattle Grace Hospital. The spingboard episode is set to air in May.

Paul Adelstein, formerly of Prison Break, is also set to co-star in the two-hour episode though his role is not clear. There will also be a female psychiatrist and a female fertility specialist in the springboard episode and (presumably) the spinoff.

Randy

If Paul Adelstein is indeed not on Prison Break anymore, then I believe something will happen to his character in the last 3 season 2 episodes.

March 08 2007 at 7:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patti

Addison has pretty much ran out of men to sleep with, and that is why they are making a spin off. As far as Tim Daly goes, UGH!! This guy puts me to sleep. He hasn't had any big show since 'Wings', and on that note, he should be called McWingDing, McNugget, anyone else got some ideas?

March 08 2007 at 3:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

I wasn't 100% sure it was going to get cancelled, but his just confirms it. I like Tim Daly, I like Taye Diggs and I really like Kate Walsh, but the two males have had two cancelled shows each over the past few years. There is no escaping the kiss of death now.

March 08 2007 at 1:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BC McKinney

Tim Daly looks pretty good for 51, but I don't think he qualifies as a "McHottie".

March 07 2007 at 10:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rachel

Paul Adelstein isn't on "Prison Break" anymore? Since when? He was on this week's episode (although it was brief).

March 07 2007 at 9:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lorilei13

Seriously, I'm willing to give anything Shonda does a shot. I resisted watching "Grey's" just because so many people told me to watch it, but hey, I was wrong and I loved it. So. There ya go. Can't wait.

March 07 2007 at 9:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BillS

ABC really wants to find a show for Tim Daly. Too bad Eyes never caught on, cause that one was actually pretty good, I thought.

March 07 2007 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe Bua

By the end of the day, every actor with a Disney holding deal will be in this thing:

March 07 2007 at 6:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply