Winners of the first American Anime Awards
I watch a lot of cartoons. I don't however, watch much anime at all. Sure, there are movies and TV shows I've seen and enjoyed (Akira, Ghost in the Shell, FLCL), but that's a mere drop in the vast anime ocean, hardly enough to call myself a fan.
So, my lack of true anime insight and the fact I was nowhere new the New York ComicCon this year are my two main excuses for not getting this news to you sooner, but winners of the first American Anime Awards --which honors anime series released in the U.S. and redubbing provided by English-speaking voice actors-- were announced, and they are:
- Best Actor: Vic Mignogna (Full Metal Alchemist)
- Best Actress: Mary Elizabeth (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG)
- Best Actor in a Comedy: Dave Wittenberg (Zatch Bell)
- Best Actress in a Comedy: Debi Derryberry (Zatch Bell)
- Best Cast: Full Metal Alchemist
- Best DVD Package Design: Full Metal Alchemist
- Best Anime Theme Song: Rewrite (Full Metal Alchemist)
- Best Comedy Anime: FLCL
- Best Anime Feature: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
- Best Short Series: FLCL
- Best Long Series: Full Metal Alchemist
- Best Manga: Fruits Basket
A list of all the nominees can be found here.
Do any of you love yourself some anime? I'd love to start checking out more, so recommend some good shows to me in the comments. You can help me expand my horizons.