November 27, 2014

Buzz on Dexter's second season

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Mar 12th 2007 6:41PM

Michael C. Hall as Dexter MorganGreat news here as some info for the second season of Dexter has leaked out, courtesy of the Museum of Television and Radio's annual William S. Paley Festival.

The TV Addict has posted a recap of the Dexter panel discussion held last Wednesday in LA. In attendance was most of the cast as well as the executive producers. Lots of info, but rather than read through it all, here are the highlights:

• James Remar, who plays Dexter's father, was quoted saying that, "Harry's bad." Hmmm? Perhaps his motives for fostering Dexter's talents weren't so wholesome?
  • The second season will explore Dexter's search for meaning. What's his purpose? Why's he here? Sounds pretty deep, but I'm excited to see how the show moves on from the season one focus of The Ice Truck Killer.
  • Expect to see a lot more of Masuka next season as he's been upgraded to the regular cast.
  • The second season is currently set to premiere near the end of September.

So there you go. It's not much, but this show is so good that I think I prefer to be in the dark. I still refuse to read either of the novels for fear that I'll find out something I don't want to.

[Thanks to Brent for the tip.]

Alycia

Dexter is the best series I have ever seen. Ive never actually watch a TV show week to week.. but Dexter.. wow. It pulls you in like none other. I rearly read and i read the first two books in just under a week. cant wait for season 2!!

May 25 2007 at 9:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Courtney

I'm glad I recorded all of the episodes to my DVR. I enjoyed the season so much I watched them over and over again. My dear hubby got me a DVD Recorder for my birthday so I have the entire first season to watch OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! its awesome. Can't wait for season 2!!!!

May 25 2007 at 5:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Star

I love Dexer! I want to own season one and I would love to know if any one will be selling it any time soon. I will not have cable untill Dexter comes back out in September. Its the only reason for geting cable. Dexter Rocks. And Iam a Girl!!!!!

April 20 2007 at 9:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark Jindra

I listened to the first book an mp3 and I really liked it. However the first season was really a combination of the first two books. So I imagine that season 2 will be a combination of parts of the first two books that were omitted and the third book due out soon. Awsome show I can hardly wait.

MJ

March 12 2007 at 11:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
radwimp

thanks for this little tidbit, Jonathan. i can't wait until september!

more masuka!!

March 12 2007 at 10:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike Davis

This was by far my favorite show last year after THE WIRE. Fantastic on all counts. I CAN'T WAIT for season 2!!!

March 12 2007 at 10:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Borat

I recently started watching Six Feet Under as I had never seen it before, mostly because I am a huge MCH fan now thanks to Dexter.

I absolutely love his character in SFU too, and he really is a stunning actor. Only one show was better than Dexter in 2006, and that was The Wire.

March 12 2007 at 9:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brad

This was by far my favorite new show of last year. I think Michael C. Hall was robbed by Keifer at the Globes. Can't wait for September!

March 12 2007 at 8:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lee

Don't think I can wait untill September. I've actually started watching Six Feet Under again just so I can pretend it's him.

March 12 2007 at 7:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

No news on when Dexter Season 1 coming to DVD?

March 12 2007 at 7:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply