August 1, 2014

New cast for Grey's Anatomy's spin-off

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Mar 12th 2007 2:44PM
Grey's AnatomyTV Guide Online's Michael Ausiello is reporting that Merrin Dungey (Alias, The King of Queens) and Amy Brenneman (Judging Amy) have been cast in the Grey's Anatomy spin-off. They will both appear in episodes 3.22 and 3.23 of Grey's. These episodes will serve as the pilot for this potential spin-off revolving around Kate Walsh's character, Addison.

It is unknown if Dungey and Brenneman will play main characters in the spin-off or if they will just appear in the two-hour special. Other actors appearing in the two-hour special are: Chris Lowell (Veronica Mars), Tim Daly (The Nine), Paul Adelstein (Prison Break), and Taye Diggs (Day Break).

Episode 3.22 and 3.23 are set to air on May 10 on ABC.

Susan

I'm very excited about a spin-off from Grey's. I think the new cast is going to be a great ensemble. If it is in the right time slot, it should be a hit. I really miss the cast from Alias, so I'm glad to see someone from that great show. Good luck, Kate and the rest!!! I'll be watching and so will my daughter and her financee'.

May 10 2007 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joanafoz24

well, grey's anatomy is one of the best tv show ever. i'm not a tv show fanatic or something but after i've watched grey's 1st season i'm desperate for more. i've been waiting for the next episode though. i am hanging in the middle. i really love this show. i also love all the characters: meredith, cristina, derek, preston, george, izzie, alex, addison, miranda and mark. all of them. i love all of them. thanks to them, my life's much more happy and occupied...hahahahaha.

April 12 2007 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cutiepie07

I'm not at all interested in the Grey's spin off unless Patrick Dempsey is in it. He's the main reason I watch Grey's anatomy every Thursday, and Friday night.

April 04 2007 at 9:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Isabelle Carreau

Kassy: Chris being in the two-hour spin off doesn't mean he'll be regular cast. It just means he is in the two-hour special. He could play a patient for all we know right now.

March 12 2007 at 6:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kassy

NO! NO! I think i am the only one that is tried of hearing news of this show, and then to learnt that Chris Lowell from my beloved Veronica Mars will be on the 2 hour spin off special...just upsets me. I kept hearing rumors about him leaving VM. UGH!

March 12 2007 at 6:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tv junkie

So far, I love all the new casts...Merrin Dungey, Chris Lowell, Taye Diggs, that prison break dude, and Tim Daly!!
With Grey's quality on a steep decline and the whole backstage drama, i'm actually very excited about this spin-off for Kate Walsh (she totally deserve more screen time) so i can drop Grey's from my Tivo.

March 12 2007 at 5:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Porchland

This is far and away the best-cast pilot that has been announced so far, and ABC is going to put buzz machine behind it in a big way if it goes forward.

We're still in the reality distortion field phase of pilot season so, yeah, it looks like a hit.

March 12 2007 at 4:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tank

Yeah Totally! I can't wait to see another show with Addison on it...she is HOT! But you know who is really HOT??? Kelly Hu...pronounced like "WHO". She should change her name to Kelly Hot...that would be rad. I can't wait for the next episode of "In Case of Emergency"!

March 12 2007 at 4:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

Nope. Not at all tired of Grey's. And I'm actually looking forward to the spinoff. Addison is actually one of my favorite characters on the show. And I'm liking the fact that we get an ex-Alias actor in the show too.

March 12 2007 at 3:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jo

Love "Grey's," and Addison is a great character, but I'm not interested to a show devoted to her perspective. Although ABC does surprise me...I thought their mid-season comedies looked dull, and now "In Case of Emergency" (Wednesdays @ 9:30pm) is not only the funniest thing on Wednesdays, its one of my favs.

March 12 2007 at 3:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply