April 17, 2014

Regis Philbin to have heart bypass surgery

by Anna Johns, posted Mar 12th 2007 3:16PM
regis philbinThis morning, Regis Philbin announced to his co-host Kelly Ripa and his audience that he will be having triple heart bypass surgery later this week. He said he's been having chest pain and shortness of breath and "all those little symptoms you hear about". Reg, 75, would've preferred an angioplasty, he said, but there's too much plaque build-up in his arteries so major surgery is necessary. To lighten the mood, Kelly offered to be Regis' nurse and give him sponge baths.

It's not yet clear who is going to fill in for Regis, or for how long. It will probably be a rotating list of celebrity hosts. I can only hope that David Letterman will make an appearance or two- since Regis was so supportive and filled in for him when he had his quintuple bypass 7 years ago.

mmiddleton

PLEASE GET WELL, SOON YOU ARE MISSED!
LOVE MARVIN AND REGINA MIDDLETON

March 23 2007 at 12:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
janice

regis i wish you a speedy recovery, my prayers and thoughts are with you

janice

March 19 2007 at 10:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fay Pierson

Regis, I wish you a speedy recovery. You bring a ray of sunshine and joy into my life every weekday morning. You'll come through this surgery just fine
because you are Regis.
Fondest wishes
Fay Pierson

March 14 2007 at 11:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul Golf

Regis,
As you undergo your bypass today, I will be having an angioplasty and stint placement at roughly the same time.
I wish you all the best and the grace of God in your surgery and recovery.
Paul Golf

March 14 2007 at 2:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sheila

We wish Regis the very best of health and a speedy recovery! He is adored by so many fans...can't wait to see him back on the air after he is all rested up!
Sheila

March 14 2007 at 9:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sylvia

regis your in my thoughts and prayers get well soon

March 13 2007 at 4:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sylvia

regis you in my prayers get well soon , your in my thoughts

March 13 2007 at 4:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard F. Paluzzi

I wish there was some way to convey to Regis that all of us who consider themselves part of the Notre Dame family wish him God speed.

Regis -- you are in our prayers and our thoughts. We luv ya man.

March 12 2007 at 10:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Y.L.G

We love you Regis - From all of us here in Canada, wish you a speedy recovery. Our whole staff watches you every day, and are rooting for you! You'll be back before you know it! Best Best Regards
Y.L.G. International

March 12 2007 at 6:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

I'm having a tooth removed next week, would Kelly be willing to come over and give me sponge baths? My recovery is expected to be several weeks in length.

Seriously, best wishes to Regis to a safe surgery and a successful recovery.

March 12 2007 at 4:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply