April 23, 2014

The Amazing Race All-Stars: No Babies on the Race

by Anna Johns, posted Mar 12th 2007 12:40AM
charla; mirna(S11E04) We're already down to eight teams after last week's elimination of David & Mary from Kentucky. Now the race gets real serious because the weak teams have been weeded out. Plus, the field isn't so cluttered so we get to spend a little more time with each time. I loved how the teams went from saying they didn't care about Rob and Amber last week, to calling them "the team to beat" this week.

This week, the Racers flew from Chile to Argentina. The challenges weren't terribly impressive this week. One of the Detour options was super lame and the other was bad for poor spellers. Even though it wasn't very exciting to watch, it did change the entire race, putting the first placers (Rob & Amber) way back at the end of the pack.

My thoughts on the teams (AND SPOILERS) are after the jump:

Oswald & Danny [1]: They're going to Maui! Oswald and Danny ran a great race this week. They made a smart choice at the first challenge by going with the compass challenge and just played a flawless game for the rest of the trip. These two are really relaxed about their race and I think that helps them advance each week.

Uchenna & Joyce [6]: Uchenna found his competitive side this week! He really had it in for Rob and Amber and it appeared to drive him to pay attention to directions and details- giving these two a strong game.

Charla & Mirna [7]: Arrrrgh! I want these two to lose!!! I think Mirna is a bad person. She's a drama queen and she does not treat Charla like an equal. I was so annoyed by her comments at the beginning of the show that she's doing more than other people and that her team has "shortcomings". She is taking on more responsibility than she has to. What does she actually have to do more of than any other team? Drive! That's it! During the sign-building challenge, she was screaming at Charla about wasting time but she was the one wasting time by freaking out. Psycho!

Rob & Amber [ELIMINATED]:
Oh, damn! I was really rooting for these two. But Rob's inability to spell totally lost it for them. He started acting out after they fell behind during the first challenge and caused problems for them along the way. Ah well. They cheat, steal and lie so we didn't really want them to win, did we? I'm sure there's another reality show out there for them to enter so they can put off having real jobs for a little longer.

Teri & Ian [3]:
I don't see these two winning this season. They tend to have a problem noticing details and get super turned around on a regular basis.

Eric & Danielle [2]: He's going to be lucky to keep Danielle after this with his horrible comments about her boobs. Not a single episode goes by without him commenting. It's like the guy has never had a girlfriend before!

Joe & Bill [4]: We didn't see much of these guys this week, but it looks like we will next week. They are just very supportive of each other and of other teams. I really like these two and I'd like to see them go far.

Dustin & Kandice [5]: I'm sorry to say it, but these two girls do not deserve to be on this show. They keep making stupid mistakes involving their inability to read and/or follow directions. I was rooting for them last season but there would be no love lost on my part if they were booted off the show soon.

Marthe

#29 Mickae, you are 100% correct about Rob and Amber being cast as a "teaser" to get people to watch the show. Rob and Amber are a cute couple and are competitive (remember Survivor?). The one thing is that they can not "act"!! It was so lame when Rob tried to act like he didn't know where he messed up on the cities pole!! I knew from the previous weeks promo that they were out, because they said "Everyone is going to be talking about the race to the finish!" Blah, Blah.....I am sure Amazing Race paid Rob/Amber big $$$ just to show up and lose to those annoying bitchy Charla & Mirna!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 15 2007 at 12:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rhonda

I'm one of those whose happy that Rob and Amber are gone but unlike a lot people who they're fans of the show I'm going to keep watching. In fact I'll watch it to the end even if Uchennya & Joyce (I wnt them to win again) got the boot.

I agree with the poster that they should've made the map task much harder. That was way too easy but can't hate on it too much because R&A got the boot because of it.

I hope that Charla and Mirna are next because I'm tired of Mirna freaking out on every leg. I bet she can't get through one leg without freaking out. She's an embarassment to every American.

March 13 2007 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kira Richardson

I'm still in mourning at the loss of Rob & Amber. I wanted to shake Rob and tell him to proofread his signs, cause I knew it was gonna spell doom for these two. I guess I'll watch the rest of the season and root for the Beauty Queens, but the air has been let out of the balloon for sure. I hope they get Rob and Amber: Against The Odds, back on the air soon. I love these two!

March 13 2007 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mickae

The whole thing was a fix (again). The results as far as R&A are concerned is all prearranged to get the ratings up. The producers help rob and amber win 3 in a row, build up a prize booty and then get eliminated. That's the trade off. Like it would be so hard to find a letter in a pile and then beat a drama queen and a little person in a foot race.

Look at amber when they knew they were behind - not bothered in the least. It was the same last time - rob and amber win almost every leg, get tons of prizes as reward and then fall at the last hurdle (I think because the world would collectively vomit if these two won another million dollars). A bit cynical but that's tv!

March 13 2007 at 4:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

Wheather you like Rob & Amber or not: without them the Race is f'ing boring. I mean come on who really has any edges on the other teams? They are cuddling their way to the finish line, nothing else. There is NO competition whatsoever. The one's who are lucky win, and honestly team oneandahalf tried to cut in at the counter themselves before. If Taxi-Stealing, "got it" yelling and being lucky to having the needed letter closer to the top of your pile is the reason for winning or losing, then forget it. This whole episode had THREE parts where teams were held up so frickin' long - first the layover flight, then the boat ride with two teams per boat and in the end you can clearly see that Rob did not find the letter for a very long time after the others already left - if I would've been shown that Rob threw one of the letters away maybe I would've believed that the did something wrong but in the end the whole last challenge was just a question of dumb luck and that is no way to lose the race.

I bet Rob cursed all the way home from the end of the world back to the US because the challenge was so totally idiotic. As if there is any key to doing some flipping over of letters and reading adress.

I won't watch this show now that Romber is out of the race. The other teams are totally bland and I don't care at all who's going to win. Calling it "All Stars" is a joke.

March 13 2007 at 2:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mike r

I was happy to see Rob & Amber eliminated... I was upset to see them
make ALLSTARS, but now it was all worth seeing them make it just to
see them eliminated early!!! Go BQ'S !!

March 12 2007 at 11:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mike r

I was happy to see Rob & Amber eliminated... I was upset to see them make ALLSTARS, but now it was all worth seeing them make it just to see them elimated early!!! Go BQ'S !!

March 12 2007 at 10:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debby

Rob and Amber....I have watched them both on thier Survivor shows and the Amazing Race, I must say I will not watch any show with them on. He is the most obnoxious person I have ever seen, like his S*** dosen't stink...and Amber you're a wuss.....You deserve a creep like Rob.....why don't you two stay out of our living rooms and more in your own!!!

March 12 2007 at 7:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandy

What-you mean to say that the cocky Rob & Amber are gone! Good riddance-they got what they deserve! Woo hoo!

March 12 2007 at 6:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Todd

Remember folks, this show is a put on! I used to watch it religiously until the last time Rob and Amber were on. American Airlines let them on an already closed flight from San Juan to Miami. In the post 911 REAL world, which that was, we all know that never would have happened. I realized then, that this show was not so "real". And you should too. Find something better with your time.

March 12 2007 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply