December 19, 2014

Court TV changing its name

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 13th 2007 3:21PM

Nancy GraceCourt TV is not only changing its name, it's going to change the programming as well.

The network has announced that the network will have a new name starting on January 1, 2008. No decision has been reached yet on what the new name will be, but the network will introduce a ton of new reality shows. Oh, sorry, they're not "reality" shows, they're "real-life series" watched by "engagers."

Among the new shows: Tiger Team, about security experts; The Real Hustle, about con artists and scams, and The Room, which will focus on police interrogations. They are also developing a series of shows with The Smoking Gun web site. As for Nancy Grace (she's the one smiling on the right), she'll be part of the new daytime lineup, but her show will be shortened a bit to make room for the new show from Star Jones.

Wow, Nancy Grace and Star Jones on the same channel during the day. Enjoy!

Patricia

You have got to be kidding....Catherine Crier made courttv. Nancy Grace and Star Jones will turn it in to a personal tabloid/i got screwed show.....they are two of the biggest whiners in tv now. I am so tired of hearing how Nancy Graces fiance got killed.....Its sad and tragic, but guess what...Nancy still hasn't found anyone else...Guess she is just a total nightmare now. COURT TV...MY Mom LOVED your show before she died...On her death bed she asked me how the latest trial was going and if it was done yet. YOu change your format and you will lose lookers....Me for one and many more. DUM DUM DUM!

June 06 2007 at 8:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sue

I can't believe no more live court trails and informing reporters and commentators! What are they thinking? I may require rehab for my Court TV addiction!

May 25 2007 at 12:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angelia Hoke

What is the old saying "if it is not broken do not try to fix it." What is Court TV doing!! First I lose Court TV on Dish Network because they increased their rates so high that Dish Network would not pay. Now when I finally get Court TV back I hear this news. Why don't they just sell out and start a new network and let someone with brains run Court TV. Getting rid of Catherine Crier was one of the big steps in the wrong direction.

May 22 2007 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Claudette Satzler

Goodbye, court TV. I won't be watching anymore. No live trials is a big mistake. Catherine Crier Live was my favorite TV show. I miss her. You are ruining a good thing.

May 15 2007 at 10:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jean vannest

I will no longer watch court tv if it isn't going to cover trials. I definately will not be tuning in for Star Jones.

May 15 2007 at 5:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kerry

I like the idea of cops TV. That sounds about right. It also sounds like after 12+ (How many years?) of catering to the intellgent American (Canadian, whatever), they're going for the typical ignorant TV watcher. I thought cable was different?!? This is a gross under estimation of our intelligence. Instead of being unique and different, classy and thoughtful, Court TV/Rebranded is now offending it's original audience. Catherine Crier leaving is a HUGE loss. I planned my life around her show. lol. I don't want to see reruns of psychic detectives or anything for that matter. Nancy Grace I just find a sensationalist - as opposed to Catherine Crier, a realist. Star Jones doesn't impress me either. The biggest part of the success formula of the original Court TV was the integrity and brilliance of it's anchors. I don't include Nancy Grace in this category. Catherine Crier was the cream of the crop. A women to look up to and repect, even if I didn't always agree with her political views.
I admire all the women anchors & correspondents & most of the female guests in respect that they are beautiful and intelligent without having to compromise their feminity. I'm going to miss a lot of the males too like Vinnie Politan and the regular guests on Catherine Crier Live, like Joe Takipeno (sp) and the whole world that show opened up. They should be our youths role models. I hope my prediction of this being a HUGE mistake on Ctvs part will come true sooner rather than later.
Hey guys - if it's not broke, don't fix it!

May 14 2007 at 12:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gail

I won't watch anymore either. I hope another channel comes around to watch trials and have good discussions. This new idea will fail. It sounds awful!

May 09 2007 at 8:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lulu

I am so upset that there won't be any live trials. I will not
be watching court tv anylonger.

May 07 2007 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lulu

I am sad to hear there will be no more trial coverage. I
will not be watching any longer.

May 07 2007 at 4:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darien

Why not just change the name to CopsTV?

March 14 2007 at 8:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply