September 23, 2014

Yes, Trump still hates Rosie - VIDEO

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 13th 2007 4:42PM

Trump and RosieThe feud continues.

After Rosie O'Donnell announced on The View that she has been treated for depression (and that she hangs upside down every day), Donald Trump had to go and make a statement to one of the gossip shows about it (seriously, does The Insider have a crew stationed outside his office 24/7 in case he does something?). The video is after the jump, but here's the text of what he said:

"I have no compassion for Rosie...I can fully understand that when she looks in the mirror she suffers from depression."

O'Donnell wrote one of her poems about it on her blog, and if she comes up with more gems like "it has been my goal/for so long/to give a balding billionaire a boner," I might have to bookmark her site.

[via Best Week Ever]

Mary Anne

Rossi, Rossi, Rossi... I, too, look for insightful and intelligent posts. Sadly, yours is in the realm of those whom you criticize.

March 15 2007 at 9:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Anne

#75 - Z

If you've never suffered from depression, how could you state that Trump helped to undo the damage Rosie did to the image of depression. Don't speak of that which you don't know.

Rosie did not 'damage' anything... she's created an atmosphere where depression can be discussed openly...where the stigma has been removed.

The only thing Trump did was make people realize that he continues to be a bully and an idiot.

Rosie never said her behavior or words were due to depression... she was brave enough to share that personal part of her life and in doing so, helped a lot of others.

The 'horrible' things she says about people are just a quick mouth without the benefit of forethought... much as you have written.

Please don't confuse depression with Rosie's quick tongue!

March 15 2007 at 12:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Z

Well, I'm glad that Trump has done something to undo the damage Rosie caused to the image of depression.

Rosie does not say horrible things about people because she suffers from depression, and shame on her for trying to blame it. If I suffered from depression, I would be horrified that Rosie possibly made people think that her behaviour was normal for depressed people.

March 14 2007 at 11:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debi

the grossest thig was rosies clogs ewwww. She is THE master of "spin doctoring" Remember when she was trying to get us to love her on her old show by her love for "my Tommy" and her over the top vast collections of happy meal toys. I didnt buy it. same old thing ,she's abig fat bully that gets her say then puts the spin back on to her favor{I HAVE DEPRESSION AND YADA YADA YADA,,,sHE was pulling out her Im an obsessed fan"with Barbra Streisand earlier this year . She was attempting to ingratiate us againItruly think she is a total nut.

March 14 2007 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
E-detroit

Rosie? ... hanging upside down? ... I'm surprised they could find rope strong enough to get the job done. I think they're probably using a cable or heavy duty towing strap or something.

March 14 2007 at 6:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Anne

#69 - John -

Depression isn't feeling 'a little bit down'

Not all those who have depression take drugs

Sadly, there are many who should have taken drugs... they're now statistics. Ask their families if depression is real

And finally, John, poster #69, I hope to God that no one in your family or circle of friends ever goes to you for help or guidance if they are depressed. They, too, would probably become a statistic.

You are woefully uninformed; try researching depression and other illnesses before you reveal your ignorance to the world.

March 14 2007 at 3:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christy

Terry you hit it right on the head. I used to enjoy Rosie, but now I have no respect for her. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but she takes her own opinions and forces them on the world, and screams at anyone who doesn't agree with her. She's a total hypocrate. I don't wish depression on anyone, but one has to wonder if she didn't bring hers on herself. She has to know that she has offended most people, and that not many people want to see her face on their t.v.'s anymore.

March 14 2007 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
john

First of all Depression is a bunch of Crap. I understand that people get a little down, but to have to take drugs to feel better is more or less a legal drug addict. No I am not a scientology homo, but taking drugs just because you feel down is absolutly retarded.

March 14 2007 at 1:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Anne

Rosie must have hit a nerve with 'him'... guess the truth hurts... moral compass indeed LOL

March 14 2007 at 1:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy Aleshire

Scripture says "The wealth of the wicked is laid up for the wealth of the righteous". It's time for that evil Donald Trump to be brought down. People reap what they sow. What has Donald Trump sown except for hatred? What has he ever done for charity? Rosie does a lot for charity, so does Oprah and Ellen and Bill Gates (who is wealthier than Donald Trump). I would love for Donald Trump to be exposed for wrongdoing. Depression is nothing to joke about and I feel for Rosie.

March 14 2007 at 12:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply