Prediction: Brandon Rogers leaving Idol this week

by Geoff Bennett, posted Mar 14th 2007 12:02PM
Brandon RogersBrandon, here's a tip: If you're going to perform first, you gotta do like Randy says and "bring it."

The former back-up singer for big names like Usher, Christina Aguilera and Anastacia isn't quite ready for the big time, according to AOL users.

The results of this week's American Idol Top 12 poll put Brandon at the bottom of the pack with just three percent of users choosing him as their favorite.
Stephanie and Haley haven't fared much better. They're tied with four percent. Even though they've got decent vocal chops, neither girl has really connected with viewers. And Haley's meltdown after forgetting the lyrics to 'Missing You' couldn't have won her much sympathy.

Right now Sanjaya -- and his inexplicably permed hair -- is among the top six. Talk amongst yourselves about that one.

Connie

My daughter and I are voting 10X each for everyone except Sanjaya.....hope he's gone this week

March 27 2007 at 10:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
missivey

Blame it on Howard Stern for sabatoshing American Idol! Howard is a boil on the butt of humanity, he is a disgrace and a pig and should be voted off the air by all Americans. He SUCKS!

March 26 2007 at 8:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Virginia Barnes

I have watched this season and have talked to people about Sanjaya! There has not been one person to say they like him. Wake up judges and the people voting for him! Our newscasters on our tv stations are talking about how bad he is singing and how he stays on the show. He really should have been gone long ago and I guess he knows someone to pull the votes for him. WAKE UP AMERICA are you voting to keep him on or do you think you are voting to get him off. Get rid of him this week. If not I quit watching until he is gone. Someone can tell me when he is voted off! Ginny

March 20 2007 at 9:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lisa

I don't understand why Sanjaya is still on American
Idol.... Clearly he is NO American Idol...

March 16 2007 at 8:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VizULfx

HEY Is it true that Sanjaya will be wearing a "BEAT IT" glove while doing the "MOONWALK" ???

March 15 2007 at 8:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
larry

One more thing, QueFrenchy the gay commment was rude and so are you.. That has nothing to do with his singing...

March 15 2007 at 2:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
larry

I think that Sanjaya can sing. He just needs to learn how to belt it out like that rest.. I think he is doing well and yes there are better people than him. America has the last say and i think they were perfectly right.......

March 15 2007 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mj

I know people get angry with the judges when they are critical of the contestants, but I do think they are right on who has talent and who doesn't, it's like I have already said they just need to cut through the chase and give it to Melinda Dolittle and Lakeisha. What people are doing is calling in a zillon times to keep the worst one there week after week, who absolutely has no talent. I think in the past some of the winners did not deserve to win, some of them did deserve it. What a joke!

March 15 2007 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeanene

Ok Simon isn't someone we all agree with much of the time. We get it..He gets it... Thats the biz in the show. "HOWEVER" "This is not a show about favorite clothes, cute faces,size, shape, style, best hair..etc.
All contributors to why we watch BUT

SIMON GOT IT ABSOLUTLY SPOT ON WHEN HE PEGGED THIS KID EARLY ON...THIS IS NOT A SHOW ABOUT BEST HAIR . """"""THIS IS A SINGING COMPETITION"""""
AMERICA STEP UP YOUR GAME OR THIS SHOW WHICH MANY ENJOY COULD ALSO BE IN JEPORDY.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO THEN ???
It changes the lives of so many people and does such great things. Not to mention gives us a fun entertaining activity throughout the season. I never fall asleep during AI..can't say that for any other show these days..AGAIN AMERICA
"THIS IS A SINGING COMPETITION" GET IT RIGHT

March 15 2007 at 11:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
familyfarm

My son has said that this show is fixed. If Sanjaya doesn't go before any of the other great to good singers I guess I will believe him. I think he is still there for all the controversy but I won't be apart of it if he keeps on going.

March 15 2007 at 10:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply