October 26, 2014

Stargate SG-1 star to join 24

by Meredith O'Brien, posted Mar 14th 2007 7:08PM

Daniel Jackson on StargateOn Stargate SG-1, actor Michael Shanks plays Dr. Daniel Jackson, who the Sci Fi channel's web site describes as an "anthropologist, linguist and expert in ancient and current cultures."

Maybe those skills will come in handy when he joins that cast of 24.

Michael Shanks Online, as well as a Stargate fan web site, are reporting that Shanks is joining 24 in a "recurring role" and is filming scenes this week.

No word on whether he'll be able to apply Dr. Jackson's linguistic and cultural expertise to help Chloe O'Brian with her social awkwardness issues.

Sue

Well I for one am looking forward to seeing him on 24 on monday.

April 25 2007 at 2:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tanny-vis

Jonas was supposed to be going to Atlantis when it started but the producers decided against it, thats not Michael Shanks fault, also wasn't that like 5 years ago?. Daniel was my favourite character in seasons 9 and 10 so I'm happy to see his actor going on to mainstream work. Way to go Michael Shanks!

March 24 2007 at 10:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris w

Shanks is a good actor. Even though SG1 has been his bread and butter for the past 10 years, the BOY CAN ACT. It will be great to see him engrossed in CTUs' tracking of foreign double agents whereabouts rather than the Asgards' technobabble.

March 16 2007 at 7:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

Damnit, Akbar. I had just about wiped my mind clean of the memory of...Worst. Haircut. Ever. And you go and remind me of it all over again. Although, come to think of it, if Jonas were to don that do in his return, the very sight of it would kill half of his foes immediately.

BTW, after doing some geeky research, the Stargate Wiki says that the fate of Jonas remains unknown and several sources, including GateWorld, simply say the Ori took over his planet. Of course, Jonas is leading an underground resistance and teaching his hair various killing techniques.

BTW, an online English-Latin translator puts your tattoo looking like this:

"Haud somes, haud nex!"

March 15 2007 at 4:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

No body, no death! In fact I have been thinking about getting that translated into latin and tattooed on my shoulder ;)

I also believe in the NB,ND scenario so much which is why I look forward to the triumphant return of Jonas, in the 3rd series: STARGATE: JONAS-SUPER ORI KILLER ARCHAEOLOGIST LINGUIST EXTRAORDINARE! (this time with a better haircut than the last time we saw him) along with Narim his nebbish sidekick and Urgo as the comic relief.

March 15 2007 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

Damnit, I mean "Langara". Kelowna was a country on the planet.

Bad geek...bad!

March 15 2007 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

And I forgot...

Thanks for updating my memory on the Ori destroying Kelowna.

March 15 2007 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

Akbar, I'm sure you've watched enough scifi to know that just because a character dies, or has his entire planet destroyed, he's not necessarily gone for good, especially on a Stargate series.

The only way to really kill a character on a scifi series is if the actor wants more money than the producers are willing to pay.

:o)

March 15 2007 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Akbar Fazil

I think I remember a comment about the Ori destroying Jonas' planet at some point but I could totally be wrong on that. If it is true it is safe to assume Jonas is dead.

March 15 2007 at 12:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

Jonas died? My memory's not the best, but I don't remember Jonas dying.

March 15 2007 at 11:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply