October 23, 2014

Casting begins for what may be The Real World's last season

by Julia Ward, posted Mar 15th 2007 2:09PM
The Real World Last SeasonCasting for the 20th season of The Real World is underway, and get this, they're looking for people with ambitions and career goals. Apparently, the drinking, whoring version of The Real World is on the way out. They're looking for "aspiring actors, models, dancers, filmmakers, musicians, athletes, artists, journalists, stylists and fashion designers" or any youngin' with "interesting career goals." The Real World's producers don't have a contract with MTV beyond the 20th season. That's not to say that they won't eventually strike a deal, but it looks like Bunim-Murray is trying a return to form by assembling a cast of literate people whose desires include more than a pitcher of Mega-ritas and a hot tub threesome.

So, if you're between the ages of 18 and 24, this may be your last chance to live in a house with a bunch of strangers, have your life taped and humiliate your parents. (Just kidding, you're young. You'll have plenty of more chances to disappoint your parents.) Casting news is available online at Bunim-Murray's casting website.

[Via Reality Blurred]

guy

don't be surprised if it's HOLLYWOOD......

May 23 2007 at 3:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael Martin

The first round of casting call locations are listed here - http://www.mm-agency.com/blog/mtv-real-world/real-world-20-casting-calls-in-april-including-boston/3106/

March 24 2007 at 2:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adrienne

Yay! I can' wait for the Real world to actually be "real" again!!

www.celebrityfox.com

March 15 2007 at 11:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elliott

A podcast I used to listen to would have someone call in and impersonate Governor Granholm and she would beg the producers to film the show in Detroit. Quite funny (though I do think it would be more original to have seven strangers living in Royal Oak and doing some sort of stint working for one of the auto companies than to have them in Vegas being professional whores).

I think they should do a second season in New Orleans. It could probably use the publicity and work.

To be honest, I kinda always wanted to be on the show. But I think I would be too rational (read: boring) to make the cut.

March 15 2007 at 4:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Teddy

I think it's a given that whatever area of the arts the housemates take part in, their work will be both extremely hip and really, really awful.

March 15 2007 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Julia Ward

The 19th season is currently being filmed in Sydney. The 20th season location has yet to be determined.

March 15 2007 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

Jim,

I beleive its Syndey, at least according to the Real World website.

March 15 2007 at 2:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

What city will it be in? If it is the last season, it would seem appropriate to go back to New York.

March 15 2007 at 2:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Preston

They say 20 seasons, but it's really been on for 15 years since 1992. I think that The Real World has run its course. I liked a couple of the seasons. But I think that the over-the-top drinking excess is what they're not going for now. Maybe the producers knew that this show is over. Most of the attention is toward Laguna Beach or The Hills. Bunin Murray has had incredible success with this show. I think they're ending because one of the producers of that show passed away several years back. So out of her respect, they're peacefully ending it after this year.

March 15 2007 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply