July 23, 2014

National Bingo Night is its name-o

by Adam Finley, posted Mar 15th 2007 9:02AM

bingoMy first inclination was to scoff at the idea of a primetime gameshow based on Bingo, but the more I think about it the smarter this idea sounds.

Think about it: one of the most popular and enduring game shows of all time is essentially based on the children's game hangman. Sometimes, the simplest approach can work quite well.

Production has already begun on National Bingo Night, with six episodes set to begin May 18 on ABC. In keeping with the new trend of home viewer participation, the show will allow folks at home to print out bingo sheets from their home computers and then redeem them online for prizes. Ed Sanders will host the show.

When I was young, I would sometimes accompany my grandfather to bingo nights at the local community center, which mostly consisted of other senior citizens. If ABC manages to make bingo a national craze, you might be seeing more and more young people at these events, which means the elderly will have to find new activities to keep them away from those annoying kids. The result: young kids playing bingo and elderly people playing XBox. Just wait, it'll happen.

Donna

I would like to know when National Bingo Night is coming back on TV. I enjoyed it alot, even my parents and kids enjoyed it. It was a way to get the whole family together. Even if I didn't win, I had alot of fun.

Donna

July 18 2007 at 5:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tony

dear whom it may concern, i am trying to get the national bingo night results for friday june 15th,2007.

please if there is a website for past results, please let me know, i am disabled and have a hard time finding things on the computer, thank you verymuch

tony

June 16 2007 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lorretta

Well Nancy I was wondering the same thing about the n's I printed 75 cards with the same problem, 72 during the week and three during the show. the ones I printed during the show were worse then the other ones. If It's fixed why bother wasting all that paper and ink. and I had to come home on time to watch it. So I'd like to know the deal also..............

May 25 2007 at 11:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nancy

plus on that note too. They had bingo on both N-33 and N-37 in the bingo? What is up with that?

May 25 2007 at 10:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nancy

I was wondering was there anybody else on Friday night the 25th on the reds cards did anybody have N-38 and on the white cards N-33 and on the blue card N-37 because out of my 80 cards and my moms 24 we didn't have either number. Just wondering if so is the game fixed? What is the deal? Let me know
Nancy

May 25 2007 at 10:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
national-bingo-night.net

I think this great because we can play at home to win cash and prizes. The interactive part is what is going to make it a HIT.

I started a National Bingo Night blog and forum at http://www.national-bingo-night.net for fans to get together to share gossip, tips and tricks.

This is going to be a huge success because bingo players are a very attractive advertising market - moms with HOUSEHOLD buying power - smart idea.

May 16 2007 at 1:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

BINGOOOOO!

did I win?

March 16 2007 at 12:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VSJ

Simple works...I love this idea and I'm working on "Red Light/ Green Light" next...

March 15 2007 at 10:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BillS

It also sort of goes with the Deal or No Deal concept of removing any skill/knowledge element to a game show, and just making it all about luck.

March 15 2007 at 9:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply