September 2, 2014

Veronica Mars cancelled?

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Mar 15th 2007 11:07PM
Veronica MarsThe axe has fallen. Well, sort of. The network still has to confirm it but many solid sources have told E! Online's Kristin Veitch that Veronica Mars would not be coming back for a fourth season.

The CW show has been struggling in ratings since its premiere on UPN. However, a good fan base helped get the show renewed up to a third season even though it moved around the schedule a bit. Many fans and TV critics were optimistic that the Gilmore Girls/Veronica Mars pairing would work well for both shows and bring in enough ratings. However, it seems it wasn't enough to secure a fourth season for this gem of a show featuring Kristen Bell.

Kristin Veitch also reports that show creator Rob Thomas revealed earlier this week that things were not looking good for the show. He told E! gossip queen: "I've never been less certain of our fate. I'm afraid I've gone from cautiously optimistic to something less than that."

It is unknown what the cast will do beyond next year. However, regular Chris Lowell, who's been playing Piz, will be part of the Grey's Anatomy potential spin-off episodes to air on ABC in May.

Veronica Mars' five remaining episodes will air without reruns starting on May 1.

This is just in...

Some sources, including a confirmed CW source who posts at Television Without Pity and Kristin's updated post, reveal that the show may be back but with a major overhaul. Word is that the show, if it returns for a fourth season, could be set at least four years in the future and focus on Veronica Mars, the FBI agent! TV Guide reports that the plan would be to have Veronica at the FBI academy. In any case, there would be a time jump, Veronica would be with the FBI in some capacity and ... most of the current regulars would not return for this new season.

Julia

Veronica Mars is my favorite show and I hope they will air it again. I have got all my friends and family hooked. I ♥ Veronica Mars!

March 08 2011 at 12:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michelle

I think the cw needs to take into account that maybe the reason why the show isn't getting good ratings is because it is advertised poorly. I am a huge fan of the show but when I told my friends about it most of them were like what's that...I've never even heard of it so it must not be very good. However, after watching one episode they are all regular watchers. So I say don't cancell give the show another chance and then this time actually advertise it. Also, when I first watched it it was on MTV. Maybe that's where they should move it back too. I think it would do better there!

June 12 2007 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C E Hawk

I would really hate to see a show such as V Mars be canceled. They would have had a lot more ratings if all communities were able to recieve (The CW). I have been trying to get this station in our community.
What I would like to know is when is the 3rd Season coming out on DVD. This is how I am able to watch it and the others that are on the (CW). Please let me know when I can purchase the 3rd Season.
C.E. Hawk

June 11 2007 at 5:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jessica

I love this show...please bring it back.

I agree I am so SICK of reality TV...We want sitcoms with consistency...no more 6 week hiatus for pussy cat doll tryouts!

May 30 2007 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jenny yu

I heard the news at ET. At first I would not believed upon hearing it. Why in the world would they do something like this?!!! Ending a great show. Not only is this a great show but a TV series that is full of substance. The are making a HUGE mistake by not making another season...why what are they going to replace with the show with...some boring drama series.

Ever since this show started here in the Philippines, I have been an avid watcher of the show. It is such a shame for the creator and its producers to end the show like this. Many viewers will be left hanging and greatly disappointed with their decision.

Hope the producers will change their minds and realize what a stupid move they will be making. Have people lost taste and edge in deciding what shows to watch? What a shame?

May 30 2007 at 6:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alannah

OH this is just obsured!!!!! that was the best show in the world!!!! bad ratings my butt!!!!! that was a great show and made me want to work hard as a student....i feel sick to my stomach!!!! i hate reality t.v......come on!!! your gonna play the next pussycat doll thing and not this show? at least people could relate to some of the issues that the character veronica mars went through!!! errrr!!!!! i hate t.v.!!!!

May 29 2007 at 10:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cecelie

I really love this show and I'm praying that it is not cancelled. I never miss an episode and I hope that the show will continue to run.

May 29 2007 at 3:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TODD

THIS SUCKS I LOVED THIS SHOW..AND I AGREEE REALIATY TV SUCKS AND NEEDS TO DIE... BRING THIS SHOW BACK IN SOME FORM PLEASE

May 27 2007 at 2:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christina Pennada

this is absolutely bullshit.

this is my favorite show
and ALL of my friends watch it.

this isnt fair.
first they did this to gilmore girls
now veronica mars, cant we do something about it?

im NOT going to stand for this.
i may sound stuck up but im sick
of ratings, what about the people that
love this show, is it down the drain for them too ?

May 23 2007 at 7:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

NOOOOOOO THEY CAN'T CANCEL VM I LOVE THIS SHOW PLUS THEY CAN'T END IT WITH GILMORE GIRLS GONE AND VM IS TOOO GOOOOOOOOD TO PASS UP

May 23 2007 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply