August 29, 2014

Yunjin Kim discusses her Lost character

by Erin Martell, posted Mar 15th 2007 6:05PM

Yunjin Kim, LostThe New Zealand Herald recently interviewed Lost's Yunjin Kim, and the actress talked about her transformation from the "Korean Julia Roberts" to a part in an American ensemble drama. She also offered her opinion of Sun's character development over the last few seasons. Among the interview's highlights:

• Kim takes pride having crossed over to Hollywood roles, as she is the first Korean actress to do so.
  • She is open to the possibility that Sun's baby might be "a monster" produced by the island.
  • The darker layers of Sun's character (infidelity, murder) were a welcome change for Kim, who feared that Sun was too "perfect."
  • During the filming of Season One, Kim and co-star Daniel Dae Kim would change around their Korean lines for fun, but never let their pranks make it into an actual episode.
  • Kim's first feature film, Shiri (or Swiri), was one of the first Korean films to achieve major success in Japan.

Yunjin Kim's next flashback episode, "D.O.C," is scheduled to air in six weeks.

Steve

so much better than Julia Roberts! what an insult to call her that.

and yea, we need less Jack/Sawyer/Bitch time and more time with the other characters, especially Sayid, he's really the only reason I keep watching, Kim's a hottie, so more screen time with her is a-o-k by me.

March 16 2007 at 12:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordon Werner

I highly recommend her movie "Swiri" ... I had the chance to see it back in 2000 ... (http://imdb.com/title/tt0192657/)

March 16 2007 at 1:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

I wish they would use her character more often. I may be alone in this, or at least in the minority, but I'm really tired of Jack. And I'm not just saying that because I picked him in the Lost Death Pool, in fact it's the reason I put him on my death pool list in the first place.

March 16 2007 at 12:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
EB

What an ego! The FIRST Korean to ever have Hollywood roles??

March 15 2007 at 10:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VSJ

The pic is alright, but Lucy Liu is still way hotter...

March 15 2007 at 9:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

It's more like "I want MacGuffin really really really bad" picture.

March 15 2007 at 9:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sy

Its more like "I want you really really really bad" picture.

March 15 2007 at 9:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

I love that picture! It's the "I'm sad because they don't use my charater offen anymore" face.

March 15 2007 at 8:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply