September 1, 2014

CSI: Miami: Triple Threat

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Mar 20th 2007 3:34PM

Wolfe checks out a pile of dirt.(S05E18) Sorry for the lateness folks, but I'm sick. I've been running a fever as hot as CSI: Miami! OH! That's right, I went there. But seriously, I finally got around to watching this episode and I have to say... it was borderline ridiculous and I loved every second of it.

I cannot recall an episode of CSI: Miami that ever had as many ridiculous twists and turns as this one. It's funny too, because I had been watching a whole bunch of episodes of The Shield recently and I went in to this thinking that I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much as I usually do. Wrong. Pour on the cheese!

Men getting stabbed by icicles, body doubles, and forget those old Coors Light commercials. We got more than twins. How about triplets? Kudos to Leslie Bibb for playing all three of the conniving sisters. I still remember her as Naomi Gaines, the first victim of The Carver on Nip/Tuck though.

So we've got these triplets and they keep switching out while performing the duties of a wife. One marries the guy, one has his baby, you get the idea. The whole point is to get his inheritance. So far, that makes sense I think. Then they kill him. But there's one problem. The guy had pulled one right out of the Saddam Hussein playbook and had his own body double. It's madness. Fake wives killing fake husbands.

So the case itself was very far fetched, but as I said, I loved it. No other show on TV tries to pull stuff like that. Elsewhere, I liked the development we got from Delko. That never happens. He's still having issues and frequently sees double when examining his crime scenes. However, this time around Wolfe was there to coach him a little and tell him that it's OK to re-learn things. It was a nice touch, especially since it referenced back to Wolfe's "nail in the eye" incident from last season. We don't get a lot of interaction from those two and generally it's heated. I'm all for seeing more of this future episodes.

Jack

This was the night that CSI Miami "jumped the shark." Ridiculous episode and a waste of my time.

March 27 2007 at 8:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Holly

I have to disagree with Jon88, the absolute stupidest moment in the history of the show was the moment they froze on a black and white image of the supposed-to-be-dead-husband. AFTER we already knew he had a double and was still alive. Ridiculous.

I actually kind of like cheesy TV shows but I just don't think this show reaches the level of cheesy perfection. I don't hate it, its entertaining enough but the stories aren't great and I don't even care about any of the characters.

Horatio, don't even get me started. Is anyone else sick of him standing sideways? I think his vision only works when hes looking over his shoulder because he can't seem to do anything when looking straight ahead. Sometimes he even walks sideways.

Like I said, I don't hate the show but it could be improved A LOT. I may have even enjoyed this episode if the commercials didn't destroy any suspense for me. The guy falling on the ice sculpture was predictable. As soon as I saw it I thought "someone is going to fall on that." And when we discovered that the woman giving the speech was his wife I thought "It was one of her triplet sisters" and every time they tried to add a triplet-twist I knew what was coming, because of the commercial. If not for that I may have actually liked it.

March 22 2007 at 12:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mika

Beyond bad. I hated this episode. CSI:Miami is off my Tivo. I have given it a chance but I can't watch this anymore. Too much is too much.

March 22 2007 at 10:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vicki moon

i thought that the eposide was very good but i think that thier all good

March 21 2007 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jon88

Horatio's "I gotcha" line to the assistant as he was being arrested was absolutely the stupidest moment in the history of the show, and that's going a ways. I wonder if it originally made sense but got edited in post.

March 21 2007 at 4:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mika

You for one Drew have bitched about it yourself. I go by episode not all around. I thought this episode was beyond bad. Did they not do the twin thing on the orginal CSI? Although, the original did wayyyy better. This was awful period. it was a waste of my hour. They need to get Delko and Boa Vista out of there.

March 21 2007 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mika

March 21 2007 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
drew

iit surpises me how so many people hate this show, yet each week continue to watch it, is it just to bitch about it? i thought it was pretty kool.

March 21 2007 at 6:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cat

Usually, I have to roll my eyes during CSI:Miami episodes. However, I really liked this episode. Probably because it achieved the over the top, cheese-tastic goodness that it wants to be every week, but usually fails at because the story is so absurd. (A grizzly in Miami, anyone?) Something about this episode just clicked and I could enjoy it without thinking what a waste of time it was.

Plus, I loooooove Colin Ferguson. Mmmm...

March 21 2007 at 1:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
justin

i loved it...cheesy, tacky, and above all, AMAZING

March 20 2007 at 11:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply