November 22, 2014

What About Brian: What About Secret Lovers

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Mar 20th 2007 9:44PM

What About Brian

(S02E18) What about Brian? Hell... I forgot about Brian. Didn't even realize there was a new episode last night until about an hour ago when I decided to clean out my TiVo list. I really do like this show, but apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't have it at the top of their list. Next week is the season finale, meaning the show order got cut by three episodes. First it got the 13 half order, then the full 22, and now it's been slashed to 19. What is it about the 10:00 PM time-slot on Mondays? Can anything stand up to CSI: Miami? It isn't being called the series finale next week, but with this news, it doesn't look likely that we'll see a third season.

Continuing on with the host of new characters that we've been introduced to, and as we've come to expect from this show, it didn't take long for everyone to start sleeping with them. Thus far, it seems that's the only reason that Tiffani Thiessen and Stacy Keibler are on this show. We know Keibler is gone because Brian is most certainly going to end up with Laura in next week's finale, but I'd like to see some more from Natasha.

There were some signs of development from Natasha though. I liked the scene where she agreed to talk to Adam about doing the wrong thing to get ahead in your career. I think we're going to find that these two have a lot in common. She's cold, doesn't want to get emotionally involved. I wonder if she got left at the altar too?

Ivy finally dropped the Adam/Nic bombshell and Brian eventually found out about it. I don't see what the big deal is, but I suppose we'll find out next week. Speaking of Ivy, this was the first episode that her character really started to bug me. She's kind of bitchy... all the time. I'm starting to wonder why Jimmy puts up with her.

Overall, the highlight of the episode was Dave and Deena. They've made the most progress all season long and it's been fun to see them get to where they are now -- back together. I'm not sure if it will, but the only source of conflict between them now is probably Deena's new cupcake bakery. I only say that since she seemed to drop the whole "Dave punching Richard" thing pretty fast once Dave proposed to her again.

So we've got one episode left. Predictions? Brian and Laura... I think that's a gimme. It'll be fun to see how Natasha reacts to Adam sleeping with Nic. But what's our big ending going to be? A nice big fat cliffhanger is what we want. If it's wrapped up with a bow, then What About Brian is probably a goner. Hate to say it, but we'll be all be asking "Who was Brian?" instead.

S.G.

WHAT THE H3LL DID THEY DO TO MY SHOW?????!!!!
Bring Brian back!!!

June 10 2007 at 10:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tiffany

I too love this show and will also be disappointed if they cancel this show however in our local newspaper the article on ABC's fall line up was very confussing when it came to What About Brian. I too am lost on Mondays as this show and Prision Break made Mondays worth living through. We should all get together and email ABC begging for them to keep the show.

May 25 2007 at 10:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
S.G.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!
It somehow helps me to live out a personal fantasy. I wish I had a group of close friends that I still hung out with like these friends do. I've always been jealous of people like that. But, as much as I've traveled and hard for me to trust people it's hard for that to happen.

I hope the don't even consider cancelling this show.
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Do NOT cancel this show!!
It is so genuine, so refreshing and fun to watch.
I think it just needs the type pf promotion and advertising that the show "Friends" got. Then stand back & watch it take off!!

May 15 2007 at 10:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Teresa

I am older than most viewers but I love this show. I will be very disappointed if it is cancelled.

April 23 2007 at 8:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diane Glencairn-Cunningham

I too am a mature aged person in Australia and many of my friends and children's friends just love the show. We are currently into the 2nd season and all be disappointed if the show is axed. Diane

I too am an Australian mature aged viewer who loves the show as do my married children. We will all be disappointed if the show is axed. Australian viewers are now into the 2nd season where it seems the show is going off in another direction.

April 16 2007 at 11:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heidi

I just LOVE this show, it's my total FAVORITE show on TV, but like so many of you, I feel like I'm the ONLY one who watches it. I don't know anyone else who watches Brian, ABC definitely needs to advertise it more. I do think the stories have gotten a lot bette this past season. Keeping my fingers crossed that ABC pickes it up for another year...PLEASE!!!

April 05 2007 at 12:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diane

I absolutely love this show and so do many of my friends. Please ABC don't cancel it!!!! I am in my fifties and really enjoy it and so do my kids in their twenties!! It has appeal for any age. Do a little promotion and make it known.

Diane.

April 04 2007 at 6:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
madison

Me and my friends love this show! I would be very disapointed if it doesnt come back in the fall! I dont think abc has promoted it enough,and i really think it could do very well if they did!!!! Where can we go to send an email to abc with our concerns?

March 26 2007 at 7:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lexus

I will be so disappointed if this show is cancelled! I have seen every episode and find it very entertaining in comparison to a lot of the "big" shows on ABC that have definitely "jumped the shark" this year! Where can we write to voice our support?

March 22 2007 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lexus

I will be so disappointed if this show is cancelled! For whatever reason I find it very entertaining. I don't think ABC has given it much of a chance to survive--no promotion, etc. Where can we write to voice our hope that it survives for next year?

March 22 2007 at 11:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply