April 23, 2014

14 renewals for ABC

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Mar 21st 2007 4:41PM
ABCABC announced today that it was renewing 14 of its series for the 2007-2008 season. Not surprisingly, Lost, Desperate Housewives, and Grey's Anatomy all got picked up for a fourth season. The network also renewed drama Boston Legal as well as reality shows Dancing with the Stars, The Bachelor (people are still watching that show?), and tear-jerker Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. These three reality shows join previously renewed America's Funniest Home Videos, Supernanny and Wife Swap.

ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson also confirmed that new series Brothers & Sisters, Men In Trees, and Ugly Betty would be back for the 2007-2008 season. Jimmy Kimmel Live will also return to the schedule.

It is unknown what will happen to the other series currently airing on the network. ABC has until mid-May to make its decision on the fate of shows like In Case of Emergency, Six Degrees, What About Brian, etc., as they will need to present their schedule during the Upfront Events. Unless they want to become drama-central, ABC will need to either renew some of its comedies (even if they don't bring in much ratings) or pick up a few comedy pilots they have in the works.

Nansau

Yeah! Glad to hear that Men in Trees is coming back, along with Grey's and Ugly Betty. Please bring back What about Brian ? I liked this show. Monday time slot was fine with me. Cancel The Bachelor. Now talk about stuuuuupid!! It is getting really old. Reality my @!$#%!!! It is soooo scripted its ridiculous!! Boo Hoo!

May 31 2007 at 8:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alicia

I can't beleive that George Lopez got cancelled!!! That is outrageous!! The only Latino show on tv these days that was hilarious and family friendly. What were you thinking ABC??? I'm hoping that ABC rethinks its decision or another network picks it up anyone in their right mind should because like According to Jim it's worth saving!!!

May 30 2007 at 6:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alicia

Please leave According to Jim and In Case of Emergency on the air!!! They are about the only two good comedies left (besides Two and a half Men) since King of Queens is gone and many of the other greats. Everything is all about reality these days and I think we need to keep some fun and laughter on our TV's. Especially According to Jim its funny and its something that my children can enjoy watching too (which they do) and something us stay at home Mom's can actually relate too and and there isn't much of that on air anymore!!! Aren't I right ladies?? It's a family friendly funny show that our kids and ourselves enjoy watching and our family would be devestated if it went off the air. So please for all of us that are sick of the reality shows, dramas and that enjoy something funny we can watch with our children renew ATJ!!! Thanks!!

May 17 2007 at 1:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lexus

Please keep What About Brian on, ABC! It is our favorite show--much better than Men in Trees--what are you thinking???

May 15 2007 at 12:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mrsf5

I absolutley Love What About Brian. C'mon ABC. Do the right thing and keep this show. Just rearrange it's time slot and I'm sure the ratings will pick up. Try putting it on Thursday night. Personally I can't find a thing to watch on Thursday nights since I'm not a fan of grey's anatomy. Also is it true that your giving According to Jim the axe too. Geesh, first Rodney and now Jim. What's the matter with you ppl? Not everyone just enjoys watching DWTS. Keep these other shows around and axe more of those reality dance shows. Sorry but that's how I feel.

May 06 2007 at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
laura

I just want to say I love Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, but most of all I love Men in trees. So does anyone know when it's comming back on? I really miss Elmo alot. That just made my whole week..

May 04 2007 at 2:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MTesch

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Men in Trees. I'm so happy to see it get renewed. I also think the new October Road is awsome and I'm really hoping to see it back as well. I say get rid of Bachelor, Wife Swap, Nanny and Home Videos. Bring back the days of good comedy and great drama. I'm also hoping What About Brian is making a comeback as well.

April 27 2007 at 1:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phyllis

Men In Trees is one of the best shows there has been on TV in a very long time. It is light and funny and relatively clean considering how TV has gone to hell for the most part.

April 25 2007 at 9:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Louise Salemi

Thank you ABC for renewing Men in Trees. It is a favorite of mine. Was worried for awhile when it wasn't on. Also watch Greys Anatomy. Thanks again,

April 22 2007 at 11:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MAXINE DAVIES

I was really getting worried about Men In trees! LOVE it! Thursday is a totally ABC night for me if it stays there. Dump the reality crud! wife Swap is getting ridiculous and stupid.

April 18 2007 at 4:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply