Elliott Yamin releases debut album

by Liz Finn-Arnold, posted Mar 21st 2007 3:25PM
Elliot YaminAmerican Idol's season five finalist, Elliott Yamin, has a new look to go with the release of his debut album. He'll be promoting his CD with upcoming appearances on The Ellen Degeneres Show (March 27 at 4 PM), and Jimmy Kimmel Live (April 4 at 12 AM).

Last year, I wasn't on the Elliott bandwagon. Every time I looked at him, I pictured Mr. Tumnus from Narnia. Unfortunately, I didn't appreciate how good Elliott's voice was, until he was gone. I don't think that any of this year's male finalists even come close to matching Elliott's vocal talent. Simon Cowell even called Elliott "potentially the best male vocalist in the history of American Idol."

Judge for yourself. You can listen to samples of Elliott's music, by going to his MySpace page.

Lilly

Elliott's new cd is totally awesome! I love it! His smooth, sultry voice captivates my soul. Every song on his CD is great. If you want music that gets to the heart of the matter, this one does! I loved it from the start and every time I listen to it, I love it more and more. Thank you Elliott! :)

April 04 2007 at 12:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Taratova

Elliott has been such a refreshing talent. I have not been so into music lately but that has all changed.

Elliott has that ultra special sound that got my full attention. Elliott's sound is energy , soul, charismatic and awesome. I am a fan for life. I want more from Elliott for years to come and I get excited just thinking about his amazing voice. Elliott has a tone that gives me chills.. Whoa.-HOT"E"=Elliott Yamin.

April 04 2007 at 11:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AngELL-Love

Elliott is a gift--a beautiful spirit that survived very tough circumstances with incredible grace! That grace and strength and transcendent love all shine out in this first offering. Those qualities ride on a voice at once gentle and tender, husky, gritty, smokey, expressive-- and irresistibly seductive. Every cut is a fresh surprise--all a total gift. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Loving it all.

April 03 2007 at 12:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vickie J.

I've been HUGE ELLIOTT YAMIN SUPPORTER since his audition and I bought EVERY version of his CD so that I would have ALL that he has to offer us at the moment, but MAINLY to support him. I hope that this CD and his career continue to do well.

April 02 2007 at 11:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Willa

I am also an Elliott fan and bought the cd and will probably buy other copies to get the bonus tracks that are not on all of them (genius move). I have it in my car and have not taken it out. I love all of the songs but "Alright" gets my old heart pumpin'!

April 02 2007 at 5:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Preston

I bought Elliott Yamin's album THE DAY that it was released. It's a very good pop album. An emphasis on live instruments on most of the songs. I like that one funky humber at the near end--it sounds like rapper Mr. Cheeks' popular Lights, Camera, Action from 2001. It shows that Elliott can get funky and loose too. He's the other surprise next to Katherine McPhee and Chris Daughtry's band Daughtry to outwit Taylor Hicks' own album.

March 31 2007 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jenn

I heard the whole thing yesterday. It is so smoothe. Going out to buy it today. jenn

March 22 2007 at 8:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nannette Reger

Elliott is the true success story. I love it that he came up from humble beginnings and pushed himself to this level. He should have been last year's American Idol. Everyone got caught up in another moment. His talent is unbelievable!
I'm a 56 year old woman and I'm going to buy his CD and support this talented young man. I do hope he continues his success.

March 22 2007 at 8:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scrappybooker

Elliott's new cd is wonderful. I have almost worn out my copy already. This just goes to prove what his fans knew all along....He is an American Idol. Keep those cd's coming.

March 22 2007 at 7:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply