July 30, 2014

Celebrity Rehab Update: Desperate Housewives' Jesse Metcalfe

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 22nd 2007 7:01PM

Jesse MetcalfeBritney Spears went there, and so did Lindsay Lohan. Mel Gibson did too, and I even think that Isaiah Washington went there to cure himself of homophobia, or whatever the reason was. Yup, it's celebrity rehab, and there's another person who has joined the club: Desperate Housewives star Jesse Metcalfe (though he's not on it that much this year).

Metcalfe's publicist has announced that he entered a rehab on March 19 to "deal with alcohol issues" and he "hopes that the media will allow him the privacy to deal properly with his treatment."

I'd like to take this opportunity to announce that I too will be going into rehab. I've been addicted to television and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for far too long and it's time I did something about it.

VSJ

#4, you hit it on the head, publicists are liars that are paid to get their clients names in the news, then they make outrageous claims as if they don't know anything about the situation...Nothing like a little rehab to get attention. I think the 'rehab' excuse along with the 'arrested for dui' little publicity games are played out now, people!

March 24 2007 at 11:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

They're big beefy alcoholic pecs.

March 22 2007 at 11:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melissa

What is going on with his boobs in that picture?

March 22 2007 at 11:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peanut

I don't know who this guy is, except that he's evidently a fan of Foreigner.

March 22 2007 at 10:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
slutty_whore

Maybe he went there based on the news of "Passions" cancellation?

March 22 2007 at 8:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RevolutionSFJoe

I love how celebs' people send out news releases about whatever freaky thing, and then ask that we respect their privacy.

Dudes, you're the ones who sent out the press release.

March 22 2007 at 8:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Clint

Everybody knows rehab is for quitters!

March 22 2007 at 7:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TomB

I read TVSquad too much. Is there rehab for that?

March 22 2007 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bash

Faketicker: Actor XY's manager today announced that s/he has so few job offerings s/he had a couple of drinks and - to get some press coverage - checked into rehab to deal with this issue immediately.

March 22 2007 at 7:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply