July 31, 2014

Maureen McCormick admits she was a coke addict

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 23rd 2007 4:02PM

Maureen McCormickI'm sorry, but the line that keeps going through my head is "Oh my nose! Oh my nose!"

Former Brady Bunch star Maureen McCormick (aka Marcia Brady) has admitted that not only was she bulimic after the show ended in 1974 and she went back to high school, but that the guy she was dating at the time introduced her to cocaine. She says that she became an addict because of her addictive personality, and actually went through several relapses before getting clean through "therapy and faith." I sense a book coming from this.

Good for her for getting through it, but she should have listened to mom, because mom always said, don't do coke in the house.

[via TV Tattle]

Henry Oliveras

I just saw Maureen on Tyra. I know this sounds terrible and I know that there are probably thousands of men that feel the same but wouldn't say it. Maaaaann, it was great to see that I have gotten on so much better than she has. People tend to hold on to the hope that they might meet the person they were infactuated with as a child, as most people do, and they wouldn't be able to hold a candle to the object of adoration being that, in your mind, they have the money and time to take care of themselves. It is great to see and feel that this is not one of those cases

My prayers are with Maureen. May she be able to recapture the sparkle that has obviously gone from her eyes and life.

May 03 2007 at 4:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
VSJ

So, was the guy she was dating at the time Barry Williams (aka Greg Brady)? Funny how the boyfriend's name was left out of the story...The fact is, drugs are addicting, regardless of one's personality.

March 24 2007 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Snowflower

Wow. Glad she got clean. I've seen friends fight that battle, and it's not easy.

March 24 2007 at 1:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

Well, all day long at school I hear how great Marcia is at this or how wonderful Marcia did that!

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

March 24 2007 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

MARSHA!!
MARSHA
MARSHA

A coke whore

how funny..

March 23 2007 at 9:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Curt

cocaine is a helluva drug. If you let it get its claws in you, it IS a bitch to walk away from.

March 23 2007 at 4:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Clint

I don't blame her, how else was she gonna have all those bright sun shiny days!

March 23 2007 at 4:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply