August 20, 2014

Adult Swim news: New shows, old shows return, more stuff happening

by Adam Finley, posted Mar 24th 2007 9:01AM

moral orelHello, people who like Adult Swim. Here's some news and random coolness for you:

First of all, Adult Swim has updated its schedule, and as you can see, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters is on the schedule for April 1, which is most likely a gag, considering it's not even scheduled for theatrical release until April 13.

Speaking of Aqua Teen, check out some more alternate endings to the movie here.

Speaking of Aqua Teen, again, Adult Swim HQ reports that Aqua Teen co-creator Matt Maiellaro (12 Oz Mouse) is working on a live-action horror series for Adult Swim with the working title of Stiff. Maiellaro apparently has described the new series as a combination of "Kolchak and Evil Dead 2."

Okay, one more thing: Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro-Am on Playstation 2 this fall. You get to drive a golf cart and brandish weapons. Sweet.

Also on the Adult Swim schedule: pilots for Maakies, That Crook'd Sip, Superjail, Gemberling and Let's Fish (all premiering May 13 starting at 11:30 p.m.). I'm thrilled to see Maakies has finally made it to the schedule, I just hope it can translate well to television. And yes, I know some Maakies animated shorts were made for SNL back in the day, but this is an actual series.

Moral Orel is returning to the schedule on April 29 to finish off its second season, and also look for new episodes of Shin Chan starting April 18.

Also, lots and lots of reruns of Squidbillies, Metalocalypse, Voltron, Robot Chicken, Tim and Eric, Venture Bros., and just look at the schedule already, I don't have time to list them all.

Speaking of Adult Swim, the series Saul of the Molemen hasn't impressed me much, but the recent episode "Moustache Ride," was by far the funniest one I've seen so far. This show just might win me over after all. Best line: "Once you go mole, there's no other hole."

stevei

Is the Aqua Teen movie really going to air on TV this Sunday, April 1? The author of this article says that it's "most likely a gag." But maybe it's not. Maybe Toon Network is doing something a little radical here? I keep seeing the ads. It looks legit.

March 27 2007 at 11:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony Millionaire

OK, I can't spell closely but the new show is very funny, very violent, very disgusting and very Maakies. Adult Swim was great about it as we made it, they kept saying, "Make it more like the strip!"
Tony

www.maakies.com

March 27 2007 at 4:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony Millionaire

You will be very happy with the Drinky Crow Show (Maakies)
I was very closeley involved and it's a great translation of the strip.
Tony Millionaire

March 27 2007 at 4:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eddie

Does anyone know the name of the old tv show on adult swim where the dude died and then this girl had to kiss him when he had gold something on him then he came back to life at the last second and he became like a agent taking care of spirits i think

March 25 2007 at 12:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

I was tickled by 'See? I told you he wouldn't know what we were doing!'

March 25 2007 at 2:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
M-D

What the hell happened to "Lucy, Daughter of the Devil"? The pilot was brilliant, and I could have sworn that it got a series pickup...

March 25 2007 at 2:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam Finley

MW: You're right. I fixed my post.

Thanks.

Adam

March 25 2007 at 1:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MW

Not to be one of those dickish guys who corrects things on the internet, but I believe Dave Willis is actually the voice of Meatwad.

Okay, I guess I am one of those guys.

March 25 2007 at 12:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

With the exception of Squildbillies, there is nothing on Adult Swim remotely intersting, funny or worthy of my time.

March 24 2007 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply