April 21, 2014

The Amazing Race All-Stars: We're Going to Trade You for Food Now

by Anna Johns, posted Mar 26th 2007 12:51AM
the amazing race(S11E06) Tonight we began in Mozambique, Africa. Teams flew to Tanzania where I swear we witnessed the weirdest race ever! First of all, three teams were nearly an entire day behind the other top teams as they were stuck in the Johannesburg airport. There were three-hour time differences between the racers who left to Zanzibar by boat. The teams didn't get to a challenge until 32 minutes in the show because so much of this week was spent just trying to get the hell out of Johannesburg!

At least both challenges were on the island of Zanzibar so not much more travel was required. The first was a quick little puzzle and the second was a really tough-looking axe-throwing challenge.

Without giving anything away before the jump, I wonder how next week is going to work out with such a huge difference in the finishing times between the teams. I think the final team is going to leave about 12 hours or so later than the first team.

*SPOILERS* AFTER THE JUMP:

Oswald & Danny [2]: These two are on vacation. They gave up their lead to Charla and Mirna so they could stop to get some fruit before they got to the second challenge on Zanzibar. It wasn't that big of a deal and they didn't seem to sweat it

Uchenna & Joyce [3]: I loved how Uchenna was making the beauty queens uncomfortable talking about the slave trade! I wasn't too worried about these two this week, even knowing that they had to either finish first or suffer a 30-minute penalty. The major delays with the other teams pretty much guaranteed that Uchenna & Joyce would be around another week (the previews last week made it look like they were doomed).

Mirna & Charla [1]:
What can I say about Mirna that I haven't already said? Oh, I know! She doesn't have a sense of humor! Gee, I wish I knew more about Charla other than the obvious. Mirna just overpowers that entire relationship. I didn't hate to see them win as much this week because they really did deserve the win. Plus, Mirna was extremely relaxed compared to the last five episodes when she totally lost her mind due to stress during the challenges.

Teri & Ian [ELIMINATED]:
Oh, the Ian we all know from season 3 is rearing his ugly head. The editing so far in this season hasn't shown us much of Ian being pigheaded and treating his wife poorly. Speaking of editing, did you notice how odd Teri's audio sounded? I think she must've been cursing up a storm and they had to edit it all out. Anyway, I thought it was pretty obvious early in the episode that we were bidding farewell to Teri and Ian this week. Can't say I'm going to miss them... because I'm not. They really didn't bring anything to this race.

Eric & Danielle [5]: Eric is such a jerk. I don't remember him being such a jerk during season 9. I think he's really uncomfortable with himself and he has to make other people (women, gay men) feel bad about themselves to make himself feel better. He's just a bad person and I feel bad for Danielle who doesn't seem to understand that she's landed a loser.

Joe & Bill [6]: Poor Joe and Bill. They played a terrible game this week by acting like grumpy old men and not following the youngsters up to the South African Airlines office to get tickets before the ticket counter actually opened. It was super close at the end, but I was glad to see them stick around. I thought the editing at the end was pretty pathetic- making it look like Teri and Ian arrived at the same time as them.

Dustin & Kandice [4]: Didn't see much of these girls this time. I really thought they had Uchenna & Joyce beat when they opted for the physical task over the puzzle, but I was wrong. That puzzle was just too darn easy. It must've taken Dustin forever to get the axe-throwing challenge or something because they were more than a half-hour behind Uchenna & Joyce even though both teams arrived at Zanzibar at the same time!

Next week: 2 hours!

jackie

I feel happy that Rob and Amber are out in the race coz i dont like Rob's strategy sommetimes, especially when he plays dirty. You can out run and outwit someone but not really to play the game dirty.

I am for Uchenna and Joyce. They are Godly persons and play the game fairly.

April 04 2007 at 5:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Batman

I almost peed in my pants when the Charla fell over walking the horse and started screaming. Those two need to go NOW. Their wierd accents drive me up the wall I CANT STOMACH LOOKING AT THEM!

April 02 2007 at 3:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pam

I really miss Rob and Amber. It's just not the same without their energy, manipulations, humor and outstanding teamwork. Thank goodness Danny and Oswald are still there to make it fun.

March 29 2007 at 2:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BartmanDK

6.: was just about to post about that.. im also wondering what the hell is up with that accent? If the person they are talking to arent that great at english it doesent get better with that stupid accent!!

March 28 2007 at 6:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pev

I don't agree about Eric. I don't see that he has a problem with gay men in general...I think he has a problem with the -Guidos-. -I'm- gay and I have a problem with the Guidos, because they're obnoxious. Eric isn't rude to Oswald and Danny, he's rude to people who revel in causing conflict.

Sure, he makes comments about Danielle's breasts. It doesn't seem to bother her, she laughs about it. Plenty of girls have a frat-boy sense of humor too, and that's okay. They're allowed to. If that's their relationship, they shouldn't have to censor it just because people outside the relationship don't think it's funny.

March 26 2007 at 10:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Craig

I cant help but think that they purposefully held back Charla and Mirna. How weird was it that they had to wait because of rough seas...something that I have never seen through all the previous seasons.

March 26 2007 at 7:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CJ

I can't stand Mirna and Charla's weird accents they put on for foreigners. It drives me nuts, it's like they are treating them like idiots. Plus the way they push ahead all the time but call the other teams horrible names when it happens to them. Fianlly, Mirna has NO sense of humors even though her profile says: "Mirna describes herself as hard working, a leader, but with a comical side". I love watching Danny&Oswald and the BeautyQueens, they have so much fun.

March 26 2007 at 6:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TuckerKatt

The Spanish/Italian accents are really bizarre. Those 2 are dumb as posts. They didn't get either of Danny's jokes and their catamaran reaction was awesome.

Danny & Oswald are great. They're so relaxed, nice to other teams, and supportive of each other. Would love to see them or D & K win.

The Guidos seem like serial killers to me. Something about them is so, so creepy.

March 26 2007 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tricia

The fake accents drive me crazy, too! I was like, do they think that the people will understand them better if they do the accents, that it makes English easier to understand?? It is really very condescending towards the other cultures, in my opinion. But I don't see them leaving any time soon.

March 26 2007 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply